Tl1000 timing advance. Snake oil???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tl1000 timing advance. Snake oil???

I saw this on ebay today, and always wondered about advancing the timing on the TL. I know it helped my R1 alot in the midrange when I put an advancer on. Can you believe it gave the bike 2 more HP. The owner of the shop couldn't. Here is the link to e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2437057381

Is this a load of crap or.... ? If it really advances the timing I would think it would be nice for the TL to help the low end and mid range. Nothing like optimizing the spark after adding more air and fuel. Let me know what you guys think. If anyone has it chime in. Thanks.
    '97 TLS --SOLD

That would be called TRE (Timing Retarder Eliminator), if you do a search in this borad for it, you will find tons of info . You'll feel the diffrerence when you whack the throttle. Very good mod.
    1999 B/W TLR, Yosh RS Full Exhaust, K&N Filter, Undertail, Zero Gravity Screen, Barnett springs, Tre, Pair Valve Mod.

Comment

Oh crap! I was thinking it was something other than a TRE. I thought it was an actual advancer of some sort. Oh well, thanks for your help. Why isn't there an advancer for the TL like you get in the PC3 for newer bikes?
      '97 TLS --SOLD

Comment

Working...
      X