Intake/Airtube Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake/Airtube Screen

I wanted to know if anyone knows where to get the same type of screen that covers the intake on the airtubes for the TLR.

Actually, a better question would be... Is the intake size/shape on the upper fairing of the Hammerit TLR-R (which is what I have) identical to the GSXR I wanted to make the upper look like the Gixer Upper and keep the bugs out of my airbox.

Ideas

Anyone
    X-TLR owner
    05 Black R1, Yosh TRI-Oval Carbon slip-on's, Fender eliminator/mini signals, smoked lenses, Shogun sliders,

And the need, the need for speed....

Home Depot - Gutter Guard

Comment

Yeah, get the aluminum stuff and spray-bomb it black. Does the job just fine!
      It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a bad example.

Comment

Cool

So, Gutter guard it is. Thanks...
        X-TLR owner
        05 Black R1, Yosh TRI-Oval Carbon slip-on's, Fender eliminator/mini signals, smoked lenses, Shogun sliders,

Comment

Screw the occasional bug. I want airflow!
          Frank
          '97 TL1000S
          '89 VW Golf

Comment

A few good-sized moths or junebugs stuck to your air filter will hinder airflow more than a little bit of wide-spaced metal mesh will
            It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a bad example.

Comment

I won't deny that, but have you ever held those little screens up in front of a fan? They block more airflow than you might think. Just means you have to check the air filter a little more often. No harm in that.
              Frank
              '97 TL1000S
              '89 VW Golf

Comment

get the plastic mesh, it doesnt need painting

Comment

Plastic mesh

Where can you get the plastic mesh from? What is it called??
                  X-TLR owner

Comment

home depot, hardware stores.....plastic mesh is what it says on the stuff my roomie got.

Comment

Working...
                    X