Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f4X
    He allways encounters a slapper at 115

Is it just me, or is he lucky to still be riding? I have never had a slapper nor do I ever want to experience one... from what I know about them is that they are very VERY hard to recover from.

Not to raise the BS flag too soon, but it just sounds fishy to me.
    you dont recover from a slapper, you just kinda ride it out and let the bike recover

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
    "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
    -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

Is this GSXR Jake from Brodhead?
      2003 Blue and White TL1000R (The faster colors) Yoshimura Ti Cans, TRE, Custom Homemade Fender Eliminator, Hammerit Carbon Look Intake Covers, PC II, Fan Switch Mod. Yellow Box, Nissin Brake Caliper and Goodridge SS Brake Lines.

They say that only the good die young, so I plan on living forevever.

#1 STUNT FORUM SUPPORTER

Comment

Originally posted by kevh
        you dont recover from a slapper, you just kinda ride it out and let the bike recover
        That is IF the bike recovers. I think we have all seen the classic tankslapper video...I hope to never have one. If I do, I will probably poop my pants.
        If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by f4X
          That is IF the bike recovers. I think we have all seen the classic tankslapper video...I hope to never have one. If I do, I will probably poop my pants.
          Tank slappers are scary but if you stay calm you will ride it out just fine and minimize anal leakage.
          2003 Blue and White TL1000R (The faster colors) Yoshimura Ti Cans, TRE, Custom Homemade Fender Eliminator, Hammerit Carbon Look Intake Covers, PC II, Fan Switch Mod. Yellow Box, Nissin Brake Caliper and Goodridge SS Brake Lines.

They say that only the good die young, so I plan on living forevever.

#1 STUNT FORUM SUPPORTER

Comment

Anal leakage....
            If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Comment

Some people substitute head shake for tank slapper. though a tank slapper is always head shake, head shake is not always a slapper.

sounds like most of the angles have been covered. Weird since it didn't do it before.
              RIP Ron
              Sept. 12 2004

Comment

How about the obvious its a 97 did it get the steering dampner upgrade that it should of had? Is it possible the bike has never gotan the steering dampner that was supose to be installed at the deal as a result of this?
                Lance Seattle, WA.
                For the cool vids of me and my buddies:
                www.exackley.com/myvids.htm

Comment

OK all, here it is. The bike is a 98 with a 97 engine. So yes, it does have a steering damper, but it's only the stock, and I don't believe it is in the best shape. And forgive my wording. I would call it more of a headshake than a tank slap. He says that that is right around where it starts. Sometimes higher speed, sometimes lower speed, but always in that range. And acceleration does make a difference. The harder he is accelerating, the harder it shakes. I've been doing some reading on here and I have seen that the creaking from the rotary damper is a common tl problem. His tl is doing this, would this be another culprit?? And I've also noticed that his rotary damper is leaking from the adjustment screw, making me question if his rotary damper is any good at all. Once again, all your input is appreciated, and I'd love to hear what other ideas you guess have.

And BTW, what's up jokertlr, yeah it's me. You're not gonna hit me with the gixxer / assholes / everyones got'em line, are ya

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR Jake
                    OK And I've also noticed that his rotary damper is leaking from the adjustment screw, making me question if his rotary damper is any good at all
                    that is the funniest line ever! i'm gonna scrapheap mine this winter. does he want mine? i already have two boat anchors for my ski nautique

Comment

Working...
                    X