Lojack on the bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lojack on the bike?

does anyone have lojack on there bike? i was considering getting it because my quote for comprehensive is outrageous. if you have it, how much did it cost?

matt
    matt

Parting out 2 bikes. Let me know what you may need.

Last time I checked, the units for motorcycles were still in development. I'm not even sure if they will ever produce one for bikes. I believe they were having problems with making it small enough to hide on a bike.

It probly wouldn't be hard to install on a Goldwing, but putting one on a 600 would be pretty difficult.
    Don't Think the Police Help?

Next Time You're In Trouble,
    Try Calling a Crackhead.

Comment

They make vehicle trackers here in Japan for Motorcycles...
      I have a Japanese friend looking into it for mine, so I will ask him if they can be used in the USA also
      Just a few mods:

Silver, the fastest color!

On the inside - HID type bulbs, K&N filter, Iridium ix plugs, 16T front sprocket, Coerce billet sprocket cover, Yosh re-map +5, +5, +5 11 o'clock, Scorpio SE-i500 system from my GB and an ATRE.

On the outside - TLR forks, front carbon fender, 5/8th master brake cylinder, black SS brake lines (frnt & rear), braking waves all around with Ti bolts, Brembo gold front calipers & a busa gold rear caliper, flush mount signals (frnt & rear), ZG DB scr

Comment

that would be the ULTIMATE investment
        Sebimoto Carbonfiber Bodywork, Zero Gravity D/B dark tinted screen, Carbo tech C/F frame guards, C/F look levers, black Spider grips, M4 Full system (alum), PC2, Light tech C/F mirrors, GeeLong C/F tank protector, 520 Conversion W/ Gold RK chain and 16/40 stealth sprockets, Pedros Gear Position Indicator, Fan switch, Airbox lid.....REMOVED, Probolt Fasteners all Gold. Spare Set of AMA's Larry Pegram #72 bodywork, Gold clear clutch cover, Galfer rear wave rotor, Pro-Tek Rearsets, Flycal6 quick release tank and seat pins, in the black frame club, Vandrivers coerce style sprocket guard, and a killer TLR keychain

Comment

I'm going to make one for my car shortly. Then when I get a bike, one is going on that too. What sort of cellular network do you guys run over there.. we have GSM here. The most expensive part is the GSM module.. I can get the GPS modules cheap, but the GSM modules run into a couple hundred each.
          Used to ride a '01 TLR

Comment

I have a site bookmarked at home that does a GPS locater / Cell phone caller in the bike. It seems pretty cool and it was reasonably priced. (like $400.00)

If you do a search on alarms it should come up also.
            Had a 98 Black TLS (Stolen)
            Now I have a 99 Red TLS (Red goes faster anyways!)

Comment

It had a few other nifty features too. Like max speed for a trip / invisible fence / etc. Web site accessable tracking etc. It was designed for fleet vehicles from what I could tell, but was definitely small enough to fit in a bike.

Comment

http://www.cycletrak.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kris
                  http://www.cycletrak.com/index.html

I must have one of those!

Comment

Q - Can the police track the vehicle for me?

A - Only if the local police department agrees to track it for you. You are completely responsible for the tracking of any stolen vehicle.
                    1999 B/W TLR, Yosh RS Full Exhaust, K&N Filter, Undertail, Zero Gravity Screen, Barnett springs, Tre, Pair Valve Mod.

Comment

Well, from a guy who has had a bike stolen in the middle of the night, I found the police's tracking abilities severely lacking to begin with...

Comment

The other question I have is that GPS signals are fairly week to begin with. My GPS Garmin III has to have a clear view of the sky to pick up a signal. Heavy tree cover, being in a garage, among other things have caused it to loose it signals. This tracking device is going to be hidden on the bike, so thats atleast one thing blocking the signal, and then if the bike is put in a van, garage, or somewhere else, how can you be certain the signal is going to get out?
                        BlueLghtning
                        2001 Suzuki TL1000S (sold April '05 )
                        2001 Suzuki SV650S
                        2002 Yamha FZ1
                        2001 GSXR 600 (track)
                        1983 Yamaha Venture Royale
                        My photos

Comment

Alright, this is how it basically works as far as differences:

OnStar only works out in the open. They put your car in a garage, etc, signal is too weak. The directionals you get from the dispatchers is usually off by about a half mile or so!

Lojack works where ever it is, garages, underground, etc. and you don't have to rely on someone telling you where it is for directionals, you track it yourself (police anyway).

We have had a lot better luck with Lojack then OnStar. Only thing is not all P.D.'s have Lojack receivers, yet. Ours does.
                          I've crashed both, and hurt myself worse on bicycles then I have on motorcyles!

Comment

OK I was planning on making one with a GPS receiver and having it tell me the last good signal it got. There are also new receivers these days, that have accelerometers in them. When they can't get a signal, they use the accelerometers to estimate how far they have gone from their last good GPS point. This is how your BMW still moves along the map when you are in a tunnel
                            Used to ride a '01 TLR

Comment

Keep in mind... most bikes that are stolen are in the process of being stripped within a few minutes of the steal, while they're in the vehicle that is getting them out of the area.

Because of this, most tracking devices will be found and discarded long before they're of any use for finding whats left of the bike.

I'd spend my money elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X