Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the deal with the yoshi box and PCII

Hi,

I've just got my 97 TL1000S. It's got a TRE, K&N, LeoVinci titanium slip ons. It has some black residue on the pipes and lets out a slight puff of blackish smoke when tached quickly. (mainly when cold) This makes me think it's running rich. I also flooded the engine a week ago. I just did the TPS adjustment. The bike runs fine. Just uses gas a lot more than my old 600 bandit. (I'm getting about 200 miles a tank eazy or 100 with hard riding) So my real question is.....

1. the yoshi box does what? I think it only richens the bike

2. the PCII? does it work both ways?

Andrew

TFI richens up only.

PCII works both ways.

Yosh works both ways.

They moved the tempertaure sensor after the 97's to the thermostat housing for a more accurate coolant temperature.

My thoughts are the 97's ran rich because the ECU thinks the engine is always cold.

97's also used to have problems with the oil level rising too. (fuel in it).

What ECU do you have? Original or the recall?
    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Welcome...

Leo Vince F/S? K&N filter PCII Switchable TRE Goodridge SS lines w/ six pots Extreme Graphics Undertail Pyramid Hugger Coerce Sprocket Cover

Comment

Welcome
        2006 749 Ducati and a 1998 TLR-1000 track bike

Comment

Originally posted by Steve TLS
          TFI richens up only.

PCII works both ways.

Yosh works both ways.

They moved the tempertaure sensor after the 97's to the thermostat housing for a more accurate coolant temperature.

My thoughts are the 97's ran rich because the ECU thinks the engine is always cold.

97's also used to have problems with the oil level rising too. (fuel in it).

What ECU do you have? Original or the recall?
          Thats it! I've noticed my temp won't get over 160. the engine is running to cool. Causing the bike to run rich. (had the same problem with my truck once) I never thought about that. (of course m truck was running at 115 not 160) I haven't noticed any oil rise level. (I read the post about the TB leaking after setting) But I do have the early model ECU. It's in the bike now. The previous owner told me the earlier was more powerful but twitchy. The newer one was more driveable but less power. I have both ECU's. Any sugestions about that?

Andrew

Comment

No help to you, but welcome.
            PCIIIUSB::CZ wheels::Akra f/s custom cans&hangers::Bitubo shock::GSXR750 K4 legs::R1 calipers::GSXR K2 rear caliper::ExtremeTech damper::Race rearsets::Joe V mod::K&N filter::Van's CCC+PP::Barnett springs::GiPro ATRE::1/5 throttle::C/F mirrors+hugger+fender+tankprotector::LP screen::mod subframe w/ gap tray::undertail::flush indicators::Van's rear cup::Brembo 19x18::Braided lines::Galfer wave rear rotor::Speedking mod OEM rotors::Van's ecc::WC clipons::520 @ 16/40::Van's spr cover::TWM cap::

Comment

Working...
            X