tank vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank vent

the hose that comes from the botom of the tank and and meets in a t with the radiator overflow, does this hose serve as a vent also or is it just overflow from the filler? mine leaks all the time. which leads me to believe there is a leak somewhere inside the tank. I pinched off the hose and have had no problems, but....My gas cap also leaks and Im wondering if I fix the cap will my tank not vent?

There is a brass tube inside the tank that drains extra fuel if you over fill.
    They've been known to break, which sounds like your case. The break in the line allows fuel from the tank to go down the drain tube, as well as splash up through the drain hole by the cap under hard breaking etc.

Comment

If it is broken which sounds like it, and you block the bottom off, better block the top off too, any water around the filler cap will go down the tube and into the tank.

Don't try and fill up in the wet either, opening the cap will allow any water around the filler to enter the tank too.
      "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

so its not a vent also?

Comment

The tank cap is the vent!
          "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

I read a post a couple of weeks ago that someones vent wasnt working and their tank started to implode(get dented in from the suction)

Comment

Penny drops.

If you've got the CA model with the TB's vented to the canister in the trunk, the tank on those bikes vent to the canister as well I believe.

So your tank may have a seperate vent, you'll need to check the hose routing in the manual. RTB.

The hose you are talking about here, is not the vent hose but the filler overflow hose. Not a vent.

(I wonder if there is a correlation between cracking drain tubes and CA bikes with removed canisters and blocked vents, instead of the tanks imploding they deform and break the DRAIN tube?)

Comment

Working...
              X