TRE Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRE Installation

i have a switchable TRE that is sittin on my desk at home. i don't hvae instructions for it. what i do have is instructions for a TRE on what looks like a GSXR. would i do the same thing as on the gixxer? thanks in advance.

matt
    matt

Parting out 2 bikes. Let me know what you may need.

Jeff's TRE? If it has the white clips, it gets installed on the right side of the bike, just inside the fairing. I took off the bottom fairing then removed enough (but not all) of the screws so I could pull the upper fairing away from the frame. You should be able to see the clips at that point. From there it is a matter of plug and play!

Comment

The plug is in a different position on the TLR / TLS. Once you have located the GPS plg you're all set, use the instructions from there.
      "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

he has a tlr steve.

so jon super is all over it. i wish it were this easy for my 97 tls....

Comment

its not a plug an play one, i am going to have to splice some wires. just wondering what wires those would be, either that, or how much does one of jeffs tre's cost?

matt
          matt

Comment

Originally posted by orange57
            or how much does one of jeffs tre's cost?

matt
            $35 for the switched version on his site

Comment

Jon must've beat me by 30seconds, I'm getting slow.

I meant the TLS / TLR plug is in a different location to the Gixxer ones, so don't use the Gixxer instructions to find the plug, it's on the opposite side of the bike.

Horkn, you've got all winter to it, don't be scared, just cut and splice your 2 wire job and add an earth
              "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

yes, i know. i do have all winter to do this......and many other things

Comment

its not a plug an play one, i am going to have to splice some wires. just wondering what wires those would be, either that, or how much does one of jeffs tre's cost?

matt
                  The instructions should still work, just the plug location is different.

Black / white trace = earth
                  Red or pink = GPS / ECU signal
                  Blue = Neutral indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by jon super
                    $35 for the switched version on his site
                    which one is it, the one for the busa, or the one for the 600/750?

matt
                    matt

Comment

which one is it, the one for the busa, or the one for the 600/750?

matt
                      You can get either one. I got the 2a for mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X