X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you Canyon Carvers.

Why is it that I can find the edge of the rear of my M1 190 like this

Re: Question for you Canyon Carvers.

But I can only get this much of the front ?

Comment

I'm not dragging knees or anything because I have not had any leathers with knee pucks to do so. So will I get more on the front when I drag a knee or what? Keep in mind my meager level of experience - little over 1 year.

Comment

Entrance Speed.

You scrub off a lot of speed and then Gas it hard through the curve, correct?

The front comes when you countersteer more, which is usually a direct result of carying more speed INTO the corner.

Comment

Wow, that's exactly what I do. Guess I'm still kinda leary of entering the local turns over my head, but I don't really gas it hard, just kinda roll it on once I'm leaned into it. Thanks for the quick feedback.

Comment

It looks like you could use some more preload too MT. It appears the ass-end is squatting when you exit too.
            TLOTM:
            May 2003
            August 2004

Comment

Originally posted by MotoTiller
              Wow, that's exactly what I do. Guess I'm still kinda leary of entering the local turns over my head, but I don't really gas it hard, just kinda roll it on once I'm leaned into it. Thanks for the quick feedback.
              Yeah enjoy the local curves, save the tire shredding, late braking, high speed entrance to the track...you will enjoy it more. I try not to ride hard when I am on the street...TRY NOT TO is the key phrase...
              http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/dfp/fg_14.gif
              My sig image busted the height and size limits.

Comment

I wish I had some better pics, this thing totally balled up last time out....before the crash
                TLOTM:
                May 2003
                August 2004

Comment

mine....front tire...

Comment

rear tire....

Comment

I see you're getting some sweet deals on take-offs

TLOTM:
                      May 2003
                      August 2004

Comment

yes they are take offs.....but the buggered up tires are from me thank you very much...

Comment

Damn Seca.
                          My poor tires had a little over 200 miles on them before the wipeout, about twenty of those were in the twisties. I was really liking the way the M1's felt, can't wait to get back out there and ball them up. Thinking I'll do a trackday before I put her body back on though.

Comment

ha my tires look the exact same!!!
                            Sebimoto Carbonfiber Bodywork, Zero Gravity D/B dark tinted screen, Carbo tech C/F frame guards, C/F look levers, black Spider grips, M4 Full system (alum), PC2, Light tech C/F mirrors, GeeLong C/F tank protector, 520 Conversion W/ Gold RK chain and 16/40 stealth sprockets, Pedros Gear Position Indicator, Fan switch, Airbox lid.....REMOVED, Probolt Fasteners all Gold. Spare Set of AMA's Larry Pegram #72 bodywork, Gold clear clutch cover, Galfer rear wave rotor, Pro-Tek Rearsets, Flycal6 quick release tank and seat pins, in the black frame club, Vandrivers coerce style sprocket guard, and a killer TLR keychain

Comment

FWIW, just cause you think you're on the edge of your rear (and end of traction) doesn't mean it's so. till you're scrubbing the entire front, i wouldn't worry too much about traction unless you're trying to make up for slow entry w/ a handful of throttle.

are you leaning at least this far? then you're not scrubbing the front enough
                              AFM #715
                              Suomy, Leo Vince Exhausts, Stompgrip, Sidi/Motonation, Lockhart Philips, Sonny Engineering, RK Racing Chains, AFAM

Comment

Working...
                              X