Things that make you go Hmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that make you go Hmmmm

I was checking out some numbers from sport rider mag online and looked at the Duck 996 VS the TLR and found this
    996S ('00)
    10/00
    28/39/36
    105.9 @ 8750
    67.9 @ 6750

TL1000R ('98)
    10/98
    34/42/37
    118.6 @ 9000
    72.9 @ 7500
    The reason why I checked the 996 is to be fair. It was made along the same time line as the TLR and the TLR still got a bad wrap! Sure I see 39lbs but if you were to invest a couple thousand you could make em about even. Plus the TLR has 13 more ponies and more torque! How did the TLR get lost in the crowd?

My site.
    www.tacoma.gixxer.com

Re: Things that make you go Hmmmm

Originally posted by Tiller2nv
    How did the TLR get lost in the crowd? [/B]

Bunch of Haters got together, that's how

Comment

I think when Mladin called it a "pig" in an interview he'd done after the '98 season it pretty much pushed it down to the bottom of the superbike pile unfortunately. There was just not enough time spent developing it like the gixxers.
      TLXR Project Bike:

Donor '99 TLR, PCII, K&N custom filtration, Sharkskinz Airbox/Ducts, Sebimoto carbon fairings with dual projectors, QBCarbon tank and vented front fender, M4 Ti/SS Full Exhaust, BST carbon rims, Pirelli Supercorsa's SC1/2 (190/55 rear), complete '03 GSXR1K front end, AP Racing radial mono-block calipers, Brembo Radial M/C, EBC 320mm Prolite Supersport rotors, GSXR1K rear caliper, Galfer SS lines all-around, CFM clip-ons and rearsets, 520-conv w/DID ERV2 chain, Ohlins rear damper, Ohlins Steering Damper, ZeroG DB screen, Graves fairing stay, Lightech true carbon/Ti mirrors w/custom brackets, Ti caliper & rotor bolts, plenty of black Al bolts, Eurobikes carbon hugger, POR-15 sprayed frame, custom Al undertray, custom quick-release tag bracket, switchable TRE, custom 1/2" subframe risers w/Ti hardware, some other stuff I'm likely forgetting...

Comment

Also the RC weighs in at 483

My site.
        www.tacoma.gixxer.com

Comment

anyone knows the actual specs if TLR??
          from what i got it was 133bhp @ 9500rpm.
          whats the different frm Tl1000RX and TL1000RY
          ohlins steering damper,ohlins rear shock,did x ring 530,motivation frame sliders,rocket throttle,LP carbon fiber clutch and brake levers,Yoshi SS full system,Teka,Jeff's TRE swtichable, aluimium alloy mash,radiator protector,scott oiler, Powerbronze windshield,denso iridium IU24A plugs, LP carbon tank protectors, good ridge SS brake and clutch lines,water wetter coolant,Afam +2 spocket, semi floating front disc, racetech rear full floater, pyramid CF rear hugger, MRA wind shield, K&N air filter, Joe v air box, swing arm sliders, Rear brake LED lights,rumble undertray.....more to come

Comment

Shoei,

There is a difference between real world measured numbers and the numbers the manufacturers claim.
            "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Originally posted by shoei
              The color I believe.
              Bye Bye Tiller

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shoei
                  anyone knows the actual specs if TLR??
                  from what i got it was 133bhp @ 9500rpm.
                  The difference is the year
                  The last letter designates the model year
                  tl1000rw =98 tl1000x=99 etc......

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno
                    The difference is the year
                    The last letter designates the model year
                    tl1000rw =98 tl1000x=99 etc......

Comment

Manf numbers are almost always HP at the crank, what's posted in the mags is rear wheel.
                      RIP Ron
                      Sept. 12 2004

Comment

not always gxrklr.....

motorcyclist just switched to using rwhp....

Comment

Working...
                        X