Stupid idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid idle

I`ve noticed that every now and then when i stop at a set of traffic lights my idle goes down from `bout 1200 to 900, and i have to give it a bit of a blip for it to come back up and stay (almost) steady. I`ve just replaced the plugs, throttles are balanced, air filter clean and (i think) TPS is a bit off. Could it be the tps or something else?? Oh yeah...tappets are within spec.

Thanks.
    Dave

TRE?

Could also be a slight vacuum leak somewhere.
    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Hmmmmm...will check that out, thanks.
      Dave

Comment

My bike does the same thing, but it never stalls....it will just idle around 900RPM and stay there
        SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
        Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

mine did the same til i synced the tb's.

do that then the tps adjustment, and it will be fine

Comment

mines does along the same lines as that, most of the time the idle is fine, but occasionally it will slip to about 1000rpm, or up to 1400rpm. i have been thinking i mite need to do a throttle body sync on it. will this cause any major problems, other than wasting a bit more gas?

matt
            matt

Parting out 2 bikes. Let me know what you may need.

Comment

well, it is annoying, especially if it dies. it will only waste more gas...

Comment

Mine also did this, until I synced the TB's and did the TPS. It still does it a little. I'm going to try and lube the cables, they haven't been touched in over 8000 miles. Maybe something is sticking?

Comment

Working...
                X