tlr starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tlr starting

I bourht a wrecked 03 tiller over the weekend with only cosmetic damage, do u have told hold the clutch in to start even when in nuetral an kick stand up

yes, you do..

Comment

Yup

Comment

but y i think thats so weird lol, but im loving the sound even though one of the slip ons is bent, it started fine saturday afternoon an i tried to start it last night an it would try to turn over but it would never actually crank any suggestions

Comment

Yup, and it almost always takes 2 tries for it to start up
          SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
          Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

ok cool i actually ran the battery down i tried boosting it off of my truck i will take pics of it tonight i have the hammerit kit an will get it painted this week, the gsx guage coversion went beautiful was a little tough at first to get the pins out but it works like a champ but is there anything else i can do to make it start

Comment

Gas

Comment

is that stuff i hear moving around when i move the bike back an forth

Comment

You have to give people symptoms of the problem if you want offers to the solution

Comment

ok when trying to start it tries to turn over or may even run for half a second bu then dies on me i tried adjusting the fast idle and what i belive to be the tps ( the knob on the side of the tank)

Comment

ok, that knob, is it on the right side under the tank? if it is, well that aint the tps...

ok, start off by putting two new plugs in her, then pull the air filter, and at least blow the filter off with an air compressor. then try and start her. you might want new gas in the tank too. how long ago was it last run?

Comment

no the knob is on the left hand side near the tank, well the guy hit a dear on on the end of april, the weird thing is it started fine on saturday afternoon an not it just tries really hard thanks for your suggestion they really help ive been browsing this site for a few months u guys are awesome ill post some pic of it tonight,

Comment

tps is under the tank, and it wont have anything to do with the starting of the bike. we will show you how to set that when she is running again

Comment

ok thanks, an one more question how can you tell without pulling the evyerhing apart if the gearing has been changed

Comment

well, there are only a couple fasteners holding on the front sprocket cover, count the teeth, or see if there are any numbers on either sprocket

Comment

Working...
                              X