Leaking coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking coolant

so today i hop on her, and start to ride home. i get a couple miles from campus, slowing down for a red light, and i smell coolant. at first i'm looking around at other cars to see who is leaking, cause i think it can't be me. i stop at the next red light, and see it trickling down underneath. i'm pissed. then i get home, remove the right side plastic, am looking around with a flashlight, and don't see where it is leaking from. i squeeze one of the radiator hoses, and i feel something warm on my hand. there was a pin sized hole in the hose, that i couldn't even see unless i squeezed it. so went to autozone, but no radiator hoses that look like thy'll fit. now i have to hit up the stealership on wed, can't make it tomorrow.

matt
    matt

Parting out 2 bikes. Let me know what you may need.

Just be happy that it's not coming from the clutch cover bro! Trust me, that's a real pain in the ass!

Comment

easy fix at least.

Comment

Originally posted by horkn
        easy fix at least.
        yeah, its not to bad, i would have had it all done in about 45minutes total if autozone would have had a tube that fit.

matt
        matt

Comment

I've never heard of an auto store having a motorcycle radiator hose. If I found that was the only problem, I would feel so relieved and just change it out. Maybe ronayers.com instead of the stealership?
          I know nothing about bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by freakinheat
            I've never heard of an auto store having a motorcycle radiator hose. If I found that was the only problem, I would feel so relieved and just change it out. Maybe ronayers.com instead of the stealership?
            i thought about ronayers, and the hose is 9.60 there, plus it will be 8 bucks for shipping and i'll have to wait a week to get it. if i go to the stealership i can be back on the road by wed or thurs. at autozone i was looking for something close to the shape, or even something that i could cut, but none of them worked.

matt
            matt

Comment

Working...
            X