Maiden Voyage with the TBR exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden Voyage with the TBR exhaust

Finally got to take her out for a quick blast, wanted to double check for any leaks and/or loose connections. The bike sounds great. The volume decible level and grunt is very close to the full M4 I had before. The bike ran great and didn't hear any backfires at all. I'm sure it has to do with the rear gasket which I didn't have on the M4's.

This weekend is supposed to be sunny and 60's. Hope to go for another ride, longer this time. If any of you New England peeps aren't wearing your skirts that day, come on out and join me
    SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
    Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

I've got Two Brothers slip ons as well, and they do sound pretty good.
    I've already got my bike put away for winter, sorry I can't join you this weekend

Comment

I'm glad to hear my old pipes are working out for you well. Once you get moving those TB pipes start to sound pretty damm good. My only concern is gasket issue on the M4's that are coming my way. I thought I read that the full M4 doesn't even come with an exhaust gasket by the rear cylinder spigot. Is that correct or is that wrong? Anyone know? I have a new OEM rear gasket (the one between the clamp) but I'm not sure if it'll work with the M4 exhaust headers. I'll figure something out.
      2001 Suzuki TL1000R:

Full M4 exhaust w/ Titanium cans
      K&N filter
      Yosh. Box (YAFMS)remap
      OHLINS damper
      +2 AFAM Sprocket
      Corbin seat
      Bike Design no-cut frame protectors
      Bitubo shock
      EBC HH Pads
      Memphis Shades windscreen

Comment

Yeah, I think your supposed to use the stock rear spigot gasket for the M4's, but I didn't even know there was a gasket there at all.
        SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
        Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

Working...
        X