WTF? Fawkin mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? Fawkin mirrors

ok so im cleaning my bike today ive kinda neglected doing that the last few weeks weathers been crappy so any day that was decent i rather ride then clean.. anyway i notice both my mirrors are flaking left side worse then the right but the left will probably be there soon, anyone else had this problem? guess its time for aftermarket ones. Anyone know of any with built in blinkers that actually look nice?

You by the ocean Looks to me like the alum is gettin attacked by something. Wait, are the stock mirrors aluminum I would say it's some type of corrosion. Two dissimilar metals and an electrolyte, causes corrosion. That would be my guess from the picture.

Heck could just be rock chips and crappy paint. The factory painter could have had a hang over that day.
    Don't know how it works? Take it apart and find out!

Pictures

Here's how it sounds.

Comment

mine have gone exactly the same !

If anyone has a good alternative/answer, I would be happy to hear it! Looks crap like it is!

EX- Webmaster/Editor for the Suzuki Owners Club UK! Still a member though! ;-)
      www.suzukiownersclub.co.uk

Comment

well I feel a little better knowing im not the only one.. Wish the aftermarket mirror selection was better.. thinking maybe ill go with bar end mirrors but i don't know if it'll look right on a full faired bike

Comment

Um, take them off, sand them a bit so they are smooth again, wet sand the rest so the paint is dull, and throw a couple coats of paint on them. Or get Kawi mirrors.

Comment

toss them and get some decent looking mirrors. Many OEM from other bikes will bolt on and look about 10 years newer in design than what came stock on the TLS and TLR
            XLSR
            Xtreme Lean Sport Riders
            [email protected]
            www.NWminiMoto.com

Comment

gots the same...comes with the dirty bike...looks nice

Comment

hey guys i wanna swap out my mirrors,i know the zx9 mirrors fit but which years zx9?97-to current or 96 n down?

Comment

replacement mirrors

I broke one on a low-side, replaced both with EMGO mirrors that were for a GSXR 750 (I think). Cheap, plastic, but functional, and doesn't look worse than the scuffed fairing.

Comment

97 and up on the ZX mirrors
                    TLOTM:
                    May 2003
                    August 2004

Comment

thanks

Comment

hmm, my 97 mirrors look damn near perfect. dunno why you two guys are having this problem

Comment

Krylon Up......
                          www.sportbiketracktime.com
                          Southern Division Coach

Comment

Looks like corrosion or just the acid from bug guts.....
                            Mickey
                            AEC (AW) US Navy

Comment

get yourself some of these....

Comment

Working...
                              X