sneaky ebay bastards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sneaky ebay bastards

I know its all part of the ebay game, but dont you hate when you have the high bid for several days and you think to yourself "man Im getting a good deal, for once Im catching a break" and then at the last minute someone bids and jacks your price way up?

anyone here go by the ebay handle "utopianangel"?

couldnt let a brutha catch a break could you

I missed out on a red tls tank, had the high bid for a while I think and was gonna jump on a few minutes before the end to make sure I got it but got tied up at work. .. think someone here got it in the end anyway.

Comment

You should try one of those bid sniping services. They're supposed to bid on your behalf with only seconds left. I need to take my own advice since I've missed several bids simply because I've forgotten to check where it's at.

What ebay needs to do is extend the auction end to 5 minutes after the last bid. That way no one would be able to enter a last second bid cutting everyone else out.

You gotta work the system!
      TLXR Project Bike:

Donor '99 TLR, PCII, K&N custom filtration, Sharkskinz Airbox/Ducts, Sebimoto carbon fairings with dual projectors, QBCarbon tank and vented front fender, M4 Ti/SS Full Exhaust, BST carbon rims, Pirelli Supercorsa's SC1/2 (190/55 rear), complete '03 GSXR1K front end, AP Racing radial mono-block calipers, Brembo Radial M/C, EBC 320mm Prolite Supersport rotors, GSXR1K rear caliper, Galfer SS lines all-around, CFM clip-ons and rearsets, 520-conv w/DID ERV2 chain, Ohlins rear damper, Ohlins Steering Damper, ZeroG DB screen, Graves fairing stay, Lightech true carbon/Ti mirrors w/custom brackets, Ti caliper & rotor bolts, plenty of black Al bolts, Eurobikes carbon hugger, POR-15 sprayed frame, custom Al undertray, custom quick-release tag bracket, switchable TRE, custom 1/2" subframe risers w/Ti hardware, some other stuff I'm likely forgetting...

Comment

Sneaky Bastards

Dude, I am one of those sneaky Bastards.

The trick is not to bid at all, then when there is like 10 seconds left, bid the maximum you would be willing to pay. That way if you win, cool, if not, you didn't want to pay more anyway.
        X-TLR owner
        05 Black R1, Yosh TRI-Oval Carbon slip-on's, Fender eliminator/mini signals, smoked lenses, Shogun sliders,

And the need, the need for speed....

Comment

SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
          Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

Re: Sneaky Bastards

Originally posted by klhoskins
            Dude, I am one of those sneaky Bastards.

The trick is not to bid at all, then when there is like 10 seconds left, bid the maximum you would be willing to pay. That way if you win, cool, if not, you didn't want to pay more anyway.
            YOU'RE BLOWING MY STRATEGY!!! klhoskins LOL

Comment

There is a fundamental flaw with the traditional auction that works towards the sellers advantage most of the time. When a bidding war starts between two or more parties their predetermined "maximum willing to pay" begins to artificially inflate as they see that other bidders are willing to pay more so why don't they?

Ebay, with the hard set end time, eliminates this problem as everyone simply waits until the last minute to bid. In essence, there is no emotion attached to the bidding experience.
              TLXR Project Bike:

Donor '99 TLR, PCII, K&N custom filtration, Sharkskinz Airbox/Ducts, Sebimoto carbon fairings with dual projectors, QBCarbon tank and vented front fender, M4 Ti/SS Full Exhaust, BST carbon rims, Pirelli Supercorsa's SC1/2 (190/55 rear), complete '03 GSXR1K front end, AP Racing radial mono-block calipers, Brembo Radial M/C, EBC 320mm Prolite Supersport rotors, GSXR1K rear caliper, Galfer SS lines all-around, CFM clip-ons and rearsets, 520-conv w/DID ERV2 chain, Ohlins rear damper, Ohlins Steering Damper, ZeroG DB screen, Graves fairing stay, Lightech true carbon/Ti mirrors w/custom brackets, Ti caliper & rotor bolts, plenty of black Al bolts, Eurobikes carbon hugger, POR-15 sprayed frame, custom Al undertray, custom quick-release tag bracket, switchable TRE, custom 1/2" subframe risers w/Ti hardware, some other stuff I'm likely forgetting...

Comment

www.auctionsniper.com

Comment

Just a thought for the future for anyone here and ebay. If you list something on ebay, list it here first. Let all the other fellow TL riders know about it. If there is no interest, to ebay it goes.
                  If someone finds interest after its listed on ebay, inform the person here by email/post/PM... something... then you can make sure a fellow rider gets the part by putting up a rediculous bid while on the sidelines you make a deal for something less substantial. You both get positive feedback and are both happy selling/buying your part.

The only catch is, if you make a deal.. stick with it. I'd hate to have someone here bone me out of a deal when I could've made some cash.

Comment

Q I hear what you are saying and something like this came up a few weeks ago. A couple guys got upset with another board member because he didn't advertise it on the board first, he just put it up on ebay.

Either way, it's the sellers choice and well, it might suck that they might try and get the most out of their money, but hell, who wouldn't.

I tried putting my wheels up here for sale AHEM, dymag 3 spoke full carbon composite, sorry about that. No one bit, surprisingly enough they were less than have of what new is and they only have 1200 miles on them. Ok, feel bad for me LOL

Comment

Sweettl, that was me that got fired up not because they didn't list it here but because they list in on e-bay then come fluff it over here. Sell it one way or the other is what I was yellin.

Comment

esnipe.com

the only way i ever place a bid since 2002. this service has saved me a fortune.

Comment

my mistake the guy that tried to snipe me wasnt utopianangel it was zgi460 is that anyone here? just curious.

Comment

So SWEET what are you going to do with the wheels now? Sell them to me for $1000

For real though are you keeping them our just going to wait until spring to sell them when the market is better?
                            - If you find this site useful kick us a few bucks. <a href="http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/billspaypal.php"><b><font color="blue">Tip cup</font></b></a>
                            - Want to help support the Planet? <a href="http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/payments.php"><b><font color="blue">Subscribe</font></b></a>

Comment

Originally posted by _Q_
                              Just a thought for the future for anyone here and ebay. If you list something on ebay, list it here first. Let all the other fellow TL riders know about it. If there is no interest, to ebay it goes.
                              If someone finds interest after its listed on ebay, inform the person here by email/post/PM... something... then you can make sure a fellow rider gets the part by putting up a rediculous bid while on the sidelines you make a deal for something less substantial. You both get positive feedback and are both happy selling/buying your part.

The only catch is, if you make a deal.. stick with it. I'd hate to have someone here bone me out of a deal when I could've made some cash.

yes, my point exactly

Comment

Working...
                              X