engine questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine questions

OK, so my motor is in horrible shape.. the guy that had it before me tried to "fix" it himself and bent every valve in it because he didn't "time" the motor whatsoever..

so, my options are limited here.. is it worth it to have the engine rebuilt? Whats this going to cost if i just took it to a dealership and told them to fix it up? total rebuild

or, can i just order a whole new motor from suzuki? like a crate motor, do they do those?

I've got the $1000 tls back and mostly put together.. Frame was redone entirely in black, wave rotors with zx12 calipers and racetech rebuilt forks. next goes the upper end of the brakes (lever, mc, whatnot)...

wheels are being chromed as we speak.. i think its going to be really slick, but its not gonna get me anywhere w/out a motor.. i spent most of the "extra" funds i had getting the bike to look and handle nice..

Cale
    "Son...If you don't stop masturbating, you're gonna go blind"..

"OVER HERE DAD!"

just buy a used TLR motor and be done with it

Comment

you say that like they are really easy to find.. plus no one really has any literature on how to do one..i've asked numerous times to find someone who has done it and what they thought of it and what extra parts were needed but never get any response.. so i don't think its that easy..
      "Son...If you don't stop masturbating, you're gonna go blind"..

"OVER HERE DAD!"

Comment

http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showt...&highlight=tlr

sounds pretty easy

You use the TLS airbox, ecu, throttle bodies
        Use TLR motor from heads down, the only tough part is plumbing the oil cooler into the radiator and you can get an engine for @ $750 all the time on here or ebay

http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showt...ht=parting+out

Comment

I have a TLs motor for sale. Tranny needs work, but the motor is fine.

Comment

Rebuild it! Its really not that hard. Just get a service manual and tear into it. Grab a buddy to help and you could have it done in a weekend! The dealer here wanted 1100 bucks just to re-ring mine and put new valve springs in. I said screw it and tried it myself....I was suprised how easy it was but I couldnt have done it without a service manual. From the sounds of it you could prob just get away with putting new vlaves and springs in it then retiming it!
            http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/dfp/fg_14.gif
            My sig image busted the height and size limits.

Comment

I would check thoes valve guides also . and find out what he was doing to have it apart that far
              Ohlins rear,Hyperpro/Traxton front, PCII,6-pot front w/SS lines, Airbox mod, High mount exhaust, Clear tailight, Sliders, Carbon front/Hugger, Scotts, Helibars, K+n, Manuall fan sw, EBC HH Pads, 17/42, O2 Sensor w/gauge....list goes on

Comment

Working...
              X