No announcement yet.

are all v-twin cans basically the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are all v-twin cans basically the same?

I've got an opportunity to replace my busted up akro's with a set of fairly new CHROME ducati undertail pipes and mid pipes.. Not sure of the brand yet, the guy is supposed to look and let me know.. $65 isn't bad for the set..

what I'm wondering is how difficult it would be to get the mapping just right or if the bike would be "ok" until I could get it in and get it dyno'ed..i dont' have a powercommander on it right now but will in the future..

I can get them fitted, no problem.. with the custom subframe i'm having built, i could incorporate a hanger for them and have the pipes run behind the rearsets and around the outside of the swingarm..

but are all v-twin cans basically the same?
    "Son...If you don't stop masturbating, you're gonna go blind"..

"OVER HERE DAD!"

Don't know about the cans...

But, by putting on a power commander it will tune and adjust for the pipes with the correct map.

Just fyi... I have a power commander for sale. I don't have the cable (which can be bought at office depot) or the CDROM (but you can download the info online) if you're interested. Working unit pulled from my racebike. Make me a reasonable offer.

Comment

you will have to fab the cans up to fit your bike. but, for that amount, go ahead. any competent muffler shop will be able to do this and do it well.

oh yeah, i runa full yosh system with no pc2. works well. just a little more stumbly than otherwise. plus w/ a pc2 i could make more hp.

Comment

Some cans you can see right through, some you can't (race vs. street)

Comment

so I shouldn't have any trouble w/ an Akro forward system and custom cans? thats good news.. first good news i've heard in a while on this stupid thing!
          "Son...If you don't stop masturbating, you're gonna go blind"..

"OVER HERE DAD!"

Comment

Working...
          X