chassis after crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chassis after crash

Do u think that the chassis (rear part) can "move" in a crash if the muffer hit the road ?

If yes, how detect it ?

By eye? Look at it from the rear and see if it looks right. It would be possible for it to be tweaked in a crash.
    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

the muffer fixations not right...but difficult to know if all the bar has move.

Comment

I would suggest to take the rear fairing off and see if the chassis is straight

Rufer
        TL1000SW, candy jade lime yellow. TL1000cup.de champion 2007, 2008, 2009

Comment

Bodgey TLS exhaust. I hate the way they are not symetrical.
          "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Uh yes the chassis (subframe) can bend. I have bent 2 of them...
            http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/dfp/fg_14.gif
            My sig image busted the height and size limits.

Comment

ohhhhhh

Comment

Time for the ruler and string line trick!!
                Black & Silver 99 TLR,Staintunes,EBC HH Pads,Michelin Pilot powers,Jeff's TRE, Magivers heal guards,41 Tooth Afam rear sprocket,gold bar ends,gold pre load adjusters,gold pegs,gold sprocket nuts,gold fuel cap bolts,gold busa front calipers,gold clutch & brake reservoir caps,gold levers,gold chain adjuster blocks,mini smoked cats eye signals,harri's ariete grips,Goodridge S/S brake lines F/R,GSXR1000 gold rear caliper ++

gas at local servo
                pulp=$151.9
                rulp=$144.9pl

Comment

lol... the pipes aren't dodgy like that on an R steve
                  Don't cha know the Yellow one's are fastest!

Comment

lol... the pipes aren't dodgy like that on an R steve
                    Don't cha know the Yellow one's are fastest!

Comment

The plate that is welded to the rear subframe tube..that hold's the muffler hanger normally bend's first..then the rear plastic get's it next ..... after that the subframe itself might bend a bit..but it's easy to spot as said above
                      Have you checked your Radiator and the steering stop lug on the frame... The Radiator will bend as soon as the plastic hit's the road (even falling off the side stand)... same for that lug,as soon as the clip on hit's, that puny lug bend's
                      49 Sunbeam S7 deluxe - 57 Triumph TR6 Trophy- 68 Husqvarna MF250 Cross-68 Husqvarna MF360 Viking-71 Norton Commando Fastback-73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado-73 Kawasaki H2A 750-73 Ducati 750 GT-74 Kawasaki H2B 750-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail -74 Norton Commando Roadster-77 Ducati 900 SD-81 Ducati 900 SD-86 Husqvarna 400 WR-98 Suzuki TL1000S-98 Suzuki TL1000S-07 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S-08 Suzuki DR780

Comment

Originally posted by TLRspud
                        Time for the ruler and string line trick!!

The same way you tell if the frame on a car is straight. Use a piece of string and measure the length of each side. Then, do the same for the diagonals. The measurements (right side vs. left side; diagonal vs. diagonal) should be nearly equal. If not, the sub-frame is probably bent.

Comment

m myes, good idea...thx

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TLDV8
                            [B]The plate that is welded to the rear subframe tube..that hold's the muffler hanger normally bend's first..then the rear plastic

rear plastic has not hit the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca
                              Uh yes the chassis (subframe) can bend. I have bent 2 of them...
                              Time to go on a diet !
                              2000 Race only TLR - Accel. Tech built GSXR1K forks w/triple, calipers/pads - Braking Wave Rotors - Full M4 (carbon) - Ohlins damper - Ohlins rear - pirelli tires - Graves fairing stay - Race tail complete with sub-frame - PCII - BMC filter - full Air box mod - Body Double race bodywork - GSXR1K front fender - Galfer/Goodridge lines - Woodcraft rearsets - complete - Woodcraft 50mm clip-ons - Complete front and rear brake levers w/ pazzo short levers red - Tre-Mod + Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X