Measuring Slack in Chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring Slack in Chain

How do you measure the slack in the chain? Do you just pick a spot on the frame and measure chain. Then move the chain to upper most point and measure again and thats the slack?

Thats pretty much it... gotta have a bit more slack on a TL chain than other bikes as it tightens up more when you sit on it.

Comment

yeppers. rupes is correct (and still touching himself)

i measure it by the left exhaust header. i keep mine so that it has a little room before it hits the header, this way it has enough slack to let the susp. operate correctly

Comment

y do we have to leave it more compared to other bikes
        ohlins steering damper,ohlins rear shock,did x ring 530,motivation frame sliders,rocket throttle,LP carbon fiber clutch and brake levers,Yoshi SS full system,Teka,Jeff's TRE swtichable, aluimium alloy mash,radiator protector,scott oiler, Powerbronze windshield,denso iridium IU24A plugs, LP carbon tank protectors, good ridge SS brake and clutch lines,water wetter coolant,Afam +2 spocket, semi floating front disc, racetech rear full floater, pyramid CF rear hugger, MRA wind shield, K&N air filter, Joe v air box, swing arm sliders, Rear brake LED lights,rumble undertray.....more to come

Comment

Originally posted by shoei
          y do we have to leave it more compared to other bikes
          Because
          Originally posted by rupes
          gotta have a bit more slack on a TL chain than other bikes as it tightens up more when you sit on it.
          And leave enough so when you tighten the axle up and the chain tightens up some more that it is not too tight.
          "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Great Thanks... I am going to work it that tonight....

Comment

Working...
            X