Remove lower bearing from triple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove lower bearing from triple

Does anyone know the procedure for removing the lower bearing/race from the steering stem before I start beating on it with a hammer and punch?

Take it to NAPA or some machine shop and have it pressed off.

Comment

Yep, If you beat on the bearing it will probably destroy the bearing and leave the outer race. I did this with my wheel bearing on my car, tryin to save a few dollars and ended up having to have a machine shop press it out.
      Don't know how it works? Take it apart and find out!

Pictures

Here's how it sounds.

Comment

Well it's off. Nothing that a hammer and chisel couldn't take care of. It was a bitch though, but that's how the manual says to do it. Now I just need to find a good place to buy the tapered roller bearing.

Comment

Don't use a hammer and chisel to put the new one on though

"I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

I was thinking I could use a rock. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
              Well it's off. Nothing that a hammer and chisel couldn't take care of. It was a bitch though, but that's how the manual says to do it. Now I just need to find a good place to buy the tapered roller bearing.
              I had the impression you would want to reuse it for some reason...I guess your method works fine if you are replacing it.

Comment

I plan on replacing it with a tapered roller bearing, instead of the cheap one in there now.

Comment

look on

look on www.jiffypark.com tlr sevice manual
                  TLR IS A LEGEND IT WILL NEVER RETURN AGAIN

Comment

Working...
                  X