info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info please

Can i get a bit of info i slid off my Tiller two weekends ago and have noticed that the steering stop on the right hand side of the frame has been pushed back a bit(about 3 to 5 mil) is there anything i can do ? theres a slight crack on the top of the steering stop to !!!
    TLOTM DEC04
    TLOTM JAN06

Pictures of my Tiller
    Xbox Live Gamer Tag: o Wheeler o
    Wheelers Space

You may have to pull it all apart. Take the lower triple to a machine shop and have them drill and tap your steering stop and install a bolt. That way you can add washers to adjust the limit of steering. Thats what I did.

Comment

Thanx

Cheers was it a big job ? and what was the cost ? Major expence or slight ?
      TLOTM DEC04
      TLOTM JAN06

Pictures of my Tiller
      Xbox Live Gamer Tag: o Wheeler o
      Wheelers Space

Comment

Somewhat a big one, I was by myself.

You need to find a way to keep the bike stable. I used a rear stand and wood blocks under the motor. Pull off the front wheel, forks, upper clamp. When you get to the lower clamp, be careful not to lose any bearings.

I went to a local bike shop that my friends run. A case of beer later, my clamp was paid for. The clamp just needs to be mounted in a vice, drilled correctly... meaning straight..., and tapped. Add some little bolts/washers as needed and remount.

Thats all it took.
        Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X