powder coating forks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powder coating forks

anyone here powder coated or painted their forks? if so got pics?

no but it thought about having my anodised
    2006 749 Ducati and a 1998 TLR-1000 track bike

Comment

Stockers are not worth the $$$ In my opinion.. I'd rather sell them and get some Ohlins......
      www.sportbiketracktime.com
      Southern Division Coach

Comment

i have been thinking of painting them or trying to cover them in that carbon fiber sticker..what do you think?
        My old batbike sigpic It could aslo cook bacon!

Comment

yeller twin just epoxy primered his black, but you could use chassis black on them for a good cheap mod

Comment

You cannot add much material to the diameter of the fork legs or they won't fit through the triples. You can pry them apart all you want and they won't fit. Ask me how I know. I ended up taking the primer off in the two areas where the forks are held in the triples. PITA, but it's different and that's the whole goal right?

I'd go with anodizing, it will not add much to the diameter and will look better than my primer.

Don't know how it works? Take it apart and find out!

Pictures

Here's how it sounds.

Comment

stick on carbon ...go for anodising it adds no width and looks racer racer racer !

Comment

Originally posted by TLR67
                Stockers are not worth the $$$ In my opinion.. I'd rather sell them and get some Ohlins......
                I hope that was a joke.Powder coating less than a $100 or few grand for ohlins forks We all love ohlins forks,but price wise they are out of most people price range.
                Pm wheels,titanium m4 f/s,penske rear shock,ohlins dampner,wave rotors ,protec rear sets,clear clutch cover,lockhart phillips upper fairing bracket,Licence plate mounted on rear of swing arm,vortex upper triple tree,protec rear sets,Galfer steel braided lines,clutch conversion,Twin light undertail,pyramid hugger,barnett clutch,bnc filter,corbin seat,fan switch mod.Paint is house of colors oriental blue

Comment

Originally posted by TLCanada
                  i have been thinking of painting them or trying to cover them in that carbon fiber sticker..what do you think?
                  Carbon stickers=

Don't be

Comment

dude buy a set of busa forks......the gold one got for about 200 and the perform better than stock tls forks
                    Originally posted by thor
                    Freak is from TN....Thus a TOTAL hick, so I will have to honor his oppinion on this as it does pertain to jumping cars over rivers, which his hick status gives him automatic authority and expertise in thus said field.

like you needed proof lassee was well....
                    Originally posted by tl1000lasse
                    Thanks guys I can feel the love
                    Pappa the backdoor is never closed for you why dont you cum inside it sometimes and thor thanks for all the pretty pics

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
                      Carbon stickers=

Don't be
                      i agree.
                      Man who run behind car get exhausted. Man who run in front of car get tired.

Comment

I just used RC51 forks instead to get the black look.

Comment

Working...
                        X