Sensor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensor ?

Does anyone know what the sensor is that is mounted to the bottom of the headlight stay. It is a denso sensor of some type. It has 3 wires going into it. It is mounted with one screw. I am putting on race plastic and wonder what it does. Thanks.

Oh and it is a 00 TLR.

Comment

Atmospheric pressure sensor on the TLR.

It's located inside the left tail fairing on the TLS.
      "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Does it matter how it is mounted? There isnt really any great places to mount it on race plastic. What exactly does it do.

Comment

Measures the atmosheric pressure. The ECU would use this input to help inject the correct mixture, it's this sensor that allows for altitude changes too. Leave it off and you run with an ECU fault code.

You could probably mount it anywhere you wanted, but you wouldn't want any airflow at speed to affect it as it will then read a false high or low pressure depending if it is facing to or away from the airflow.

Mount it where you like, then fit some tubing to it and have the tube end in a still area.
          "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

i was wondering the same thing

Comment

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it!

Comment

I tucked mune behind the gauge mounting plate on the Graves stay..

black zip-ties
                TLOTM:
                May 2003
                August 2004

Comment

Excactly the info i was looking for......

THanks TL Planet!!!

Crazzyy1

Comment

Mine was just zipped to the race stay as well.

Knowing you're lighter than stock..........PRICELESS!

02' TLR black, ex-AOD bike, Tuning by BEE, PCII, BMC air, Ivan's TRE, pair valve out, Acrapovic Evo full Ti exhaust, CF brackets, Penske shock, Traction Dynamics built forks, Galfer SS brake lines, Superlite stay, Carbon look mirrors, Integrated signal LED tailight, short stalk III DS front, Hotbodies undertail, DSmoke LP screen, Vortex gas cap, back to 16/40 530 ste

Comment

Working...
                    X