$$$ to anodize top triple clamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$ to anodize top triple clamp

What do you guys think it would cost to have the top triple clamp anodized (blue), I was about to polish it but I saw a blue anodised one and it looks sweet.

cheers,
    2006 749 Ducati and a 1998 TLR-1000 track bike

Thought about doing a search on DIY anodising? Could be fun.
    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

making "amphetamines" would be easier

http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize99.html

Comment

sell them, and pay for the anodizing
        "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

thats the plan

Comment

i posted a link for DIY anodizing a couple months back... i'll try to find the link again...
            llamacide
            Gap Mod, N2Wheelies undertray, fan-switch, Bitubo shock, Chewy's spacers, Riflemans 1/5 turn throttle

Comment

F.Y.I.

I found a site a while back on how to Anodize parts at home....

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml

take this for what its worth, i've not done it or seen it... so i'm not vouching for it...

... if anyone does try it, I'd love to hear (see) how it worked....
              Gap Mod, N2Wheelies undertray, fan-switch, Bitubo shock, Chewy's spacers, Riflemans 1/5 turn throttle

Comment

Home anodizing is possible, i do it. But the results are variable and final finish depends greatly on identifying correctly the grade of aluminium to be treated. I would have thought about $30 maximum at the commercial anodizers would be far more cost effective than DIY, try to use one recommended by others who are happy with the result.
                Hope that helps

Comment

Polish It

Annodizing works best on billet parts, the not so high quality cast pieces(ie. stock triple) can come out all kinds of strange unintended colors.

Comment

Working...
                  X