Flingin Flangin BUGS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flingin Flangin BUGS!!!!

Hit the hwy for some ridin up to Wisc today and was showered all the way there and back by those little frickin wing bastards - Had to pull over just about every 30 mins and clean the visor - Then, hit traffic on the way back, took some back roads and it got even WORSE - Would come to a light and with the tiller toastin my almonds the way she does, flip up the visor to cool off a bit and then the little fuggers would make their way into my helmet

Anyone else just gettin pelted this time of year or is it just cause I smell and it's the whole "flys to shit" thing?
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE!!"

I get bombarded, mostly at night though My wife gets pissed because I use her "nice" bathroom towels to clean my helmet off
    SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
    Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

- Just no pleasin them sometimes huh?
      "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE!!"

Comment

coming back from the GP in Assen i got good and pounded by winged ant thingys crossing the afsluit dijk.
        was scared to stop to clean my visor as there was so many they may have eaten me

Comment

I hate when you get the "poppers".....you know, the big juicy bugs that make a loud "POP" sound and spray your windscreen in a fine pink mist
          SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
          Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

i hate it when theyre so big they only get wounded.
            rode down to the south of spain a couple of years ago with a friend. we pulled up in Marbella, went into a very posh cafe for coffee then noticed people looking at us in disgust. we had bugs splattered on us from head to toe. you know the type that leave yellow goo as well as blood

Comment

hey bugtooth i can sympathize, the last two day up here have been hell--the little green pieces of shit are EVERYWHERE!--what the hell are they, ive never seen them before

We just got like an inch of rain in a half-hour and the bastards are out already, and it just stopped raining an hour ago.

friggin wisconsin weather--we only get three nice months a year and the bugs have to pick a nice august weekend to come out and piss us off
              "I might just fade into Bolivion"~Mike Tyson

Comment

Those are the exact little fuggers I am talkin bout - It sounded like popcorn when I was riding - At the stoplights I would look down and my tank would just be covered - Don't even get me going on the 1/2 a can of Honda Spray I had to use on the nose as well

Comment

Bugtooth - We were at Great America on Thursday and there were tons of these little ass green fruit fly type bugs EVERYWHERE there! You had to constantly swat around your head as swarms of them were all over the park. When you got off a coaster they were smashed all over your face and clothes just like when you go riding - it SUCKED!

Comment

yep...last 3-4 days...shield totally covered in these little gnat type bugs within 30 miles....

Yepper, Still Alive.

Comment

I hear ya on the bugs. I got nailed coming down the front straight at California Speedway by a swarm of June bugs. When they hit the windscreen and visor, they made an aweful sound and left an ever bigger red/yellow mess. Not to mention the sting from getting plastered in chest a dozen times at high speed. Honda spray to the rescue!!!

Comment

I use rainx on my shield and it makes the bugs come off easy. I see guys all the time riding with no lids can you imagine all the shit that is constanly hitting their face .
                        Everyone dies but not everyone lives

Comment

Originally posted by The Crusher
                          I hate when you get the "poppers".....you know, the big juicy bugs that make a loud "POP" sound and spray your windscreen in a fine pink mist
                          And when they hit my front vent and splatter and the juice sprays through the filter and into my mouth I want to .

Funny thing is, the taste isn't that bad, sort of sweet, but it's the thought of what just went down makes me sick, even just thinking about it.
                          "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

hmmm bugtooth posting about smashing bugs with the tiller.... funny huh? i know what you are talking about though. those things are out here in grafton too....

Comment

I am always amazed when I find dessicated bee bodies rammed into my air filter element. That is quite a long and tortured trek from the TLS snout to the K&N bees

Funny story about bees. When was in high school, I worked at a small Mom & Pop type hardware store/lumberyard. The manager was a bit eccentric. We had carpenter bees eating holes in our redwood boards. One day he went back there with a can of WD40 and a lighter and starts torching them. Next time I was back there to get a customer some lumber, I see all these dessicated gray burned bee bodies laying on the ground. It was like bee armageddon.
                              "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X