clutch problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch problems

hi i have a problem with the clutch on my tls it keeps slipping so far i have replaced the clutch plates and the steels cheave duty springs clutch cable and release mechisme new oil the two plates on the bottom off basket and the little needle bearing athe top and it still slips any ideas would be helpfull in stopping it slipping cheers

Re: clutch problems

97 / 98 or later TLS (5 or 6 spring?)

The camset could be worn out, although the aftermarket spring should help cover that up.

What sort of plates? OEM or other aftermarket ones. If they were aftermarket ones did you measure them all before fitting them? Some aftermarket plates are under minimum spec even when new. Some aftermarket spring are suspect too.

OEM plates - metal and fibre.
    Barnett springs.

100% sure you have the actuator adjusted correctly? If the set screw is in too far - even with the arm at the 5-10 degrees the manual lists and the cable adjusted correctly it can still hold the pressure plate out.

If they're aftermarket plates and not Suzuki ones, pull them out and measure them.
    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

they are suzuki where abouts are the cam set

Comment

How many springs?

In the clutch. This is a 5 spring one.
        "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

thats the one so you rekon thats the problem

Comment

loos like mine is a six spring one

Comment

Could be.

But if you used Barnett spings, they would most likely cover any cam-set problems up.

Comment

they were ebc springs

Comment

6 spring cam-sets are cheaper to replace than the 5 spring ones as you have to get a new hub with the 5 spring ones.

Pull it out and inspect it.

The actuator is definitely set correctly? Plates in the correct order? Last plate in off-set to the rest?

Did you line up the punch marks on the pressure plate and the hub?

Comment

or do i get a set off barrett springs what do you recomend

Comment

Working...
                    X