Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi, all. I'm andrew, not new to bikes, but new to my 2002 TLR. My most recent bikes were a 1998 Buell Lightning, A 1977 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, and a 1983 Yamaha RZ 350 (which I still have). I picked the TL up a week ago today from Dallas and set out the next morning to Ride back to Brooklyn. Six days on a bike really familiarizes you with it. Anyway, here are a couple of photos:

The Little Missouri River in Arkansas

and Wayne National Forest in Ohio

If anyone has a passenger seat for my bike, please PM me.

Thanks,
    andrew

Re: Introduction

Welcome I see you are already used to retrotecho by your fleet. you will love the Planet. T.L.
    sigpic391 lbs or 177.34 kg LIST OF MODS ,The Short List ,The frame Is Stock.

Comment

wow, a ride from Dallas to Brooklyn. your going to have a serious case of monkey butt!
      Suzuki's TL1000 is one of the few bikes that'll make you waltz into your boss' office and spout: "you can fire me, but I'm going riding!"

Comment

Welcome to the site
        ----------------

01 TLR undergoing a make over!!( Mark told me to do it!)
        Aprilia SXV 4.5

Comment

cool. welcome.
          .sigpic
          "Use the present, create the future" -Pablo.

Comment

Welcome, tell us more about your trip! Anymore photos? And we are all flight risk around here. lol
            TRE, Galfer Brake and Clutch Lines w/Dot 5, Airbox Mod, Yosh Exhaust, +2rear sprocket, Sprung for 240, GoPro

Comment

Wow dude I just did theopposite ride, from Yonkers to Houston, Tx. wasnt it a great run ! ? So whaddaya think bout the TL-R ! ? fuhghettabouttit ! there is no other bike for me ! well be safe and enjoy.
              What is best in life ? Crush your enemy, see them driven before you & too hear the lamentation of their women.

Comment

i hope you have a gel seat!!

Comment

Yah man, more details and pics!

Comment

Welcome to the planet.
                    I'd rather be playing baseball.

Comment

Once I have all of the photos on my computer and have them resized, I'll post them.

I only gave myself six days, so i didn't get to spend nearly enough time on the truly back roads. I stayed off of the interstates, though.

By far, the best part of the ride was US-50, aka the Appalachian Highway, through Indiana, Ohio, and West Virginia. At times it's a four lane, where you can open it up and get well into sixth gear (hypothetically, officer). At other times, it narrows to two lanes and is non-stop switchbacks. And all the while, there are the Appalachian Mountains providing the backdrop.

I mapped my ride to go from national forest to national forest, trying to give myself time each day to hike around before setting up my sleeping bag and bivy sack. My shortest day of riding was about 6 hours; my longest nearly 13. The TLR is much better as a tourer than I expected.

Now to start making it my own. I have to sort out which mods I want to make and plan for the winter. I've seen some amazing work that folks on this forum have done and feel like I can't keep my bike so close to stock for long.

Comment

I am newer to the TL and after finally realizing what people are talking about, I am definately going with the gap mod and tail riser to start with.
                        I'd rather be playing baseball.

Comment

Working...
                        X