Fans not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans not working.

When are the two fans on both sides under the air duct ducts to the frame supposed to kick on. i turned the bike on and cranked it and they don't kick on. electrical problem? or do they only turn on when in gear? that doesn't seem right

Re: Fans not working.

Originally posted by carterink View Post
    When are the two fans on both sides under the air duct ducts to the frame supposed to kick on. i turned the bike on and cranked it and they don't kick on. electrical problem? or do they only turn on when in gear? that doesn't seem right
    they go on at 225 when the bikes hot.

Comment

Yep, they're thermostatically controlled.
      "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

They automatically turn on when the bike is running excessively warm. The switch actuating the fans, assuming you have an R, is brown, visible in the middle fairing vent-hole on the right side. It is screwed into the radiator.

Many of us who live in warmer climates, or sit in traffic for prolonged periods will replace the switch with another that engages at lower temps, or install a manual switch on the handlbars.

http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71981
        You do not talk about Fight Club....

Comment

If you see your temp getting up to 225 you should prolly do one of the mods mentioned. Thats much to warm fo my liking.
          TRE, Galfer Brake and Clutch Lines w/Dot 5, Airbox Mod, Yosh Exhaust, +2rear sprocket, Sprung for 240, GoPro

Comment

Originally posted by Suprachrgd82 View Post

They automatically turn on when the bike is running excessively warm. The switch actuating the fans, assuming you have an R, is brown, visible in the middle fairing vent-hole on the right side. It is screwed into the radiator.

Many of us who live in warmer climates, or sit in traffic for prolonged periods will replace the switch with another that engages at lower temps, or install a manual switch on the handlbars.

http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71981

man i live in colorado. and i myself am strongly considering the fan switch mod ! another good suggestion for your tiller. imo.

Comment

Does anybody's bike temp ever get to 225 degrees? If it does, dude you need to find some better routes to ride....hhahha
              "Don't find out the hard way..."

Comment

in chicago, unfortunately we have this little nuisance called HORRIBLE TRAFFIC!!!

Comment

Another over 90 degree day here in tarball heaven. Just the thought of stopping at a red light sends the thermostat up past 200 degrees easily.
                  .sigpic
                  "Use the present, create the future" -Pablo.

Comment

Originally posted by rons2020 View Post
                    Does anybody's bike temp ever get to 225 degrees? If it does, dude you need to find some better routes to ride....hhahha
                    mine does it got so hot once it shut down completely.......

Comment

i have the fan switch and when its over 80 degrees out i turn the fans on when at a light or stuck in traffic. but as long as you keep moving no matter how hot it is she stays at about 180.

Comment

186 here in colorado. for me regular temp. but mine still gets hot.

Comment

I was getting worried for a while. It's Thursday here and I hadn't seen a post about fan operation / turn on temperature this week.

All is normal again.
                          "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

LOL....Agreed but it is alarming the first time you look down and see 216. I live in the stix,184 constant with engine ice.
                            TRE, Galfer Brake and Clutch Lines w/Dot 5, Airbox Mod, Yosh Exhaust, +2rear sprocket, Sprung for 240, GoPro

Comment

Yeah, in ga. It's HOT right now. And traffic. Not to mention my batteery died when I discoveried the park setting on accident and a friend l,eft the bike on after a jump trying the charge the battery. All he did was cook out ALL ofr my coolant. That and ridin in 110 heat has the frame cookin my legs so I'm lookin at coolin options. 225 is common for me

Comment

Working...
                              X