No electrical power anywhere!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No electrical power anywhere!!

So my battery died, left the ig switch on ACC, went to jump it off, and my dad put the jumper cables on backwards, and now cant get power anywhere. the main fuse is good above the battery box, and all the fuses in the fuse block are good, and the battery was taken out and tested good. any ideas help would be greatly appreciated. and the bike is a 01 TLR by the way, thanks

Re: No electrical power anywhere!!

simple one, but did you check BOTH main fuses... One is a spare

Can you get the ECU to dealer to check if the ECU is ok?

Check wiring loom for burnt connections and fried wires.
    ************************************************** **************************************************

My bike mod list - Click here

Comment

yeah checked both of the main fuses, and actually the bike is at my dads house, I live 6 hours away, but I will see if he can take the ECU, but if it was fried wouldnt the lights at least turn on? and he has looked for fried wires and connections, havent found any yet

Comment

check the starter relay fuse and connector bit. they are suspect and its the most likely cause.
        go over it a few times undoing it and wriggling it.
        www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
        But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

I had this exact same problem and it ended up being the red hot wire at the ignition harness. Looked like it had some corrosion and shorted the wire. Lift the tank, remove air box, and follow the wires from the ignition to the harness. I had to splice the wires together outside of the harness because it had melted a little and didn't want to chance the same thing happening again.

Comment

Working...
          X