time for a new toy ! ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time for a new toy ! ?

Well fellas there's a new woman whose caught my eye and her name is KTM RC8 ! I'm impressed and love her lines. I like what the Mags have to say about her. She's not perfect but she's got character and as we know that goes a long way ! so any thoughts pro or con would be appreciated.
    What is best in life ? Crush your enemy, see them driven before you & too hear the lamentation of their women.

Re: time for a new toy ! ?

i'd hit it!
    .sigpic
    "Use the present, create the future" -Pablo.

Comment

Really different looking bike with good handling, I have considered it as my next bike too Just make shure yours still has warranty on it, cause it ain't the most realiable bike out there
      I hear thunder, but there's no rain!

Comment

Interesting Antz, I haven't that from anyone else. However I plan to buy it new . . .
        What is best in life ? Crush your enemy, see them driven before you & too hear the lamentation of their women.

Comment

she got a thick ass like the TLR? As I have said many times over....I like a thick ass.... hey I just made up a new nick name for my R....COCO....LOL....anyone get it?

Comment

Originally posted by BADROC View Post
            Interesting Antz, I haven't that from anyone else. However I plan to buy it new . . .
            Nice! Are you gona go with the RC8 or the RC8R version?
            PM'd you!

Comment

My bad I did not mention in my pm, I going all out and doing the RC8-R might as well go the full monty ! 8-)

Comment

If I buy new, thats what I am getting.

Comment

yea coco - got it
                  That ktm sounds nice but for that kind of money theres bikes a plenty. Wouldnt be my first choice but it sounds like a kick ass machine.
                  K&N ~ full stainless yosh ~ flush front signals ~ ideal cycle undertail ~ russell stainless front and rear lines ~ Barnett clutch springs ~ cheesey ebay hugger ~ fuel moto ATRE ~ euro right hand switch ~ speed metal shorty levers ~ Joe V airbox mod ~ flapper delete ~ +5+10+5 (thanks chuck!)

Comment

Originally posted by gmurphy03 View Post
                    yea coco - got it
                    That ktm sounds nice but for that kind of money theres bikes a plenty. Wouldnt be my first choice but it sounds like a kick ass machine.
                    Yeah well as we know a hard head makes for a soft ass, and like you there were plenty of "other" bikes we could've chose before the TL-R but we picked her mostly because of character and I believe the KTM is as close as we can get too that kind of character with modern tech and one of a kind looks not to mention plenty of potential to be king of the hill ! The only issue being the price tag 8-( but I exspect great things from this beast !

Comment

I don't like the styling of any KTM, but if function is beautiful it's gorgeous. I figure the looks can always be worked on later. Just don't get orange.
                      It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyfamily View Post
                        she got a thick ass like the TLR? As I have said many times over....I like a thick ass.... hey I just made up a new nick name for my R....COCO....LOL....anyone get it?
                        Uhh I didn't get it !

Comment

Originally posted by cyclecamper View Post
                          I don't like the styling of any KTM, but if function is beautiful it's gorgeous. I figure the looks can always be worked on later. Just don't get orange.
                          You can also get it in black, white or with carbon fairings (and with black frame).

Edit: ..and forgot the Red Bull racing replicas!

Last edited by antz; 07-13-2010, 03:39 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I guess I could start with that and get rid of the haloween black and orange theme and that lighter panel on the front, tank, and tail, powdercoat the swingarm and rear subframe, then paint the rest of it, saw off the plate-holder and turn indicators, lose the rim tapes. It's still a pretty ugly frame. I see that the passenger seat is...on some other biike? Now that tail is the opposite of a TLR...what are those stupid orange dots on the top of the tail?

It's flat panels have that stealth-fighter look that the Countach uses so well, but the paint still needs a lot of work.

But from everythign I've heard it's a great bike and a starting platform worthy of your time working on, with great potential.
                            Last edited by cyclecamper; 07-13-2010, 05:10 AM.
                            It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

Don't know what the dots on the rear are.. reflectors, so people can see you from behind when you wheelie?
                              Didn't like the RC's look when it first came out, but it grew on me
                              The orange stripes on the carbon version are a bit lame. Like the black/white theme more.

Comment

Working...
                              X