Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Done and Done! Now its just time to enjoy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done and Done! Now its just time to enjoy.

I've finally finished mt TL1000R and what do ya know, there is still some time left in the season. I got this bike back at the end of August with the intention to ride it like it was and then rebuild it over the winter. Although time ran a little over, I have to say, I'm happy with the results.

Here is a shot from the first night. The bike had a mixture of color schemes as well as annoying bits of damage to almost every fairing; plus not all of the inner pieces and OEM hardware was there...

After selling all of my damaged pieces I sourced mismatched but undamaged panels and replaced all of the aftermarket/random hardware with the correct cushions/bolts/clips/and spacers. Unfortunately I was misinformed about one of the panels I bought and it ended up being fiberglass; so it had to go.

While searching for a replacement side panel, I took it upon myself to address the issue with the undertail and design a trunk pan to really try to shave down the thickness of the TLR tail. Honestly I'm a little torn about the hump... On one hand I think its kinda cool and pulls the shape to the bike together, but on the other hand I think it adds a girth to the bike...i don't know... maybe its just me. Either the case I really felt it was important to the over all outcome of the bike. Here are a couple of pictures but if you want to see more about this work, check out these threads...
    http://www.tlzone.net/forums/tl1000s...unpainted.html
    http://www.tlzone.net/forums/tl1000s...-interest.html

Re: Done and Done! Now its just time to enjoy.

So I finally had all of the parts together and was ready to paint. Thankfully my father is a bit of a tool guy so he's got a decent shop setup and does a little bit of painting for prototypes at work; he design's modem enclosures... It took us a couple weekends, b/c I had a few blemishes that needed some attention and it was just too fu*kin hot through some parts of the day. I don't know what happened, but for some reason I got carried away and forgot to take some pictures of shooting color but you get the idea...

Comment

Then magically I ended up with this! :bump:

Just so you know... I sorta have a thing for Hot Rod Black...

Comment

wen did the frame change...
        age is a state of mind
        sigpic [IMG]
        ZG dble bbl, ss lines 6pots,Pazzo shorties ROCK!, Penske rear shock Lindman re-worked forks,custom (by me) dual HID Xenon Hi/Lo projectors Ultra-Violet halo's, LED sigs & plate lights, E G hugger,P M cyclone wheels, Rifleman 1/5 throttle,Van's Billet CCC, Galfer wavies, 6spring clutch Van's mod II Clutch plate, PCIII, speedo healer, and more...

Comment

^ do... what?

Comment

Looks good! I see you have Conti Sport Attacks. How do you like them? I have a Sport Attack on the rear of my S. I'm not too impressed with it.
            My build thread --->http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79793
            My suspension upgrade --->http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84704
            Plumbers and Pipefitters L.U. 441
            SAL/ALR Post 401
            Wichita, Ks.

Comment

Thanks! I don't know what to tell you about the tires. I really like but then again who am I. I've really never have been able to tell distinct differences between comparable tires... What is it that you have noticed you dislike.........?

Nice TLS btw.... noticing your avatar.

Comment

Last Two Pics Not Same Bike
                age is a state of mind
                sigpic [IMG]
                ZG dble bbl, ss lines 6pots,Pazzo shorties ROCK!, Penske rear shock Lindman re-worked forks,custom (by me) dual HID Xenon Hi/Lo projectors Ultra-Violet halo's, LED sigs & plate lights, E G hugger,P M cyclone wheels, Rifleman 1/5 throttle,Van's Billet CCC, Galfer wavies, 6spring clutch Van's mod II Clutch plate, PCIII, speedo healer, and more...

Comment

^ nope... The last bike was my '01 Ducati 750Sport. I rebuilt it in the same colors.

Comment

I have traction problems with the sport attack. It will slide sideways on straight line acceleration. Then again the tire could be fine and it might just be my suspension. That rotary damper has almost no affect set soft or hard.
                    My build thread --->http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79793
                    My suspension upgrade --->http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84704
                    Plumbers and Pipefitters L.U. 441
                    SAL/ALR Post 401
                    Wichita, Ks.

Comment

^ huh, that's wicked. Mine doesn't seem to spin that easy and yeah I have the dampener on mine as stiff as it will go... Little changed from that adjustment.

Comment

Very nice man. I like the clean look of it.

Comment

Thanks, hope to have my head light cushions in sometime this week. It was brought to my attention that I may not have them, considering the fitment of the headlamp, and low and behold another thing the previous owner did to the bike... some people...

Comment

man i live in colorado and my bike gets hot.... in ga. i bet that thing is scortching......

Comment

Nice, man. Funny how tough that color looks.

Comment

Working...
                              X