Another Bitubo installation Q..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Bitubo installation Q..

After installing my bitubo, I laid awake dreaming about distant curves that would be taken at greater speed with my new and improved suspension.. when I thought of an issue: which side does the bracket that holds the reservoir go on - engine side or frame side? And does it matter? I am especially weary of the tolerances on these things at the moment, since the issue that brought me to get the Bitubo in the first place was the cracked mountings for the rotary damper!

I'm going on a longer trip for the weekend, which will also bring a passenger, so I really wanted to hear opinions from a few wise people first.

In the mounting instructions, it says that the bracket comes last in the assembly, which starts from the "right side". Intuitively, the right side is the frame side to me - but what says the accumulated wisdom of the forum?
    /K0m4

so far:
    Bitubo rear shock! Racetech fork internals, M4 full system, Matt's TRE, Rizoma grips, FP Racing folding levers, IPP cf screen, Van's ccc, plate, front & rear brake reservoir, & sprocket cover, Buell-busa peg mod (oooh my legs).

Soon to be:
    IP Performance CF hugger, gap. Maybe a clear headlight with angel eyes?

sigpic

Re: Another Bitubo installation Q..

I installed mine closest to the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
      I installed mine closest to the engine.
      Ok, so that makes us two , BUT two I've heard that have it on the other side...

Starting to guess it doesn't make much of a difference... Did yoiu ever notice any problems so far?
      /K0m4

so far:
      Bitubo rear shock! Racetech fork internals, M4 full system, Matt's TRE, Rizoma grips, FP Racing folding levers, IPP cf screen, Van's ccc, plate, front & rear brake reservoir, & sprocket cover, Buell-busa peg mod (oooh my legs).

Soon to be:
      IP Performance CF hugger, gap. Maybe a clear headlight with angel eyes?

sigpic

Comment

No problem, you could probably mount it either way. I think you gain some clearance with it mounted inboard.

Comment

Working...
        X