1000s & 1000r engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000s & 1000r engine

are they the same block? are they interchangeable?
    Shropshire UK

Re: 1000s & 1000r engine

talk to sam on here
    2003 TL1000R Yellow/Black
    Full Carbon M4 Exhaust, Marchesini's 5 Spoke Magnesiums, SuperSprox 17-41 , LE Penske Rear, Scotts Steering Damper, .90kg Fork Springs, Race Tech Gold Valves, Fp Folding Tactical Levers , D3 Clip ons & Grips, Pc 3 Dynojet , Galfer SS Brake & Clutch Lines, K&N Filter, Joe V Mod, Pair Valve Mod, Fender Eliminator, Speedohealer, GI Pro Atre , Zero Gravity Dubble Bubble, Corbin Seat,(Vans CCC,Plate,Triple,Rear Brake Reservoirs,1mm Swingarm)

Comment

More or less the same. Depends on what year TLS you're talking about.

Regardless of year, the oil cooling system is different. Most that put TLR engines into their TLS's use the TLR water / oil heat exchanger rather than drilling and tapping the case blanks for the TLS air / oil cooler.

If you put a TLR engine into a TLS you also have to swap the inlet manifolds over.

But the cases are the same between the 98+ TLS and the TLR except for the drilling and tapping of the cases for the TLS oil cooler.
      "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Otherwise it's mostly cams and pistons that are slightly different.
        It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

Working...
        X