Fairing and Headlight questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing and Headlight questions

Ok well I was going to fork out the money for brand new oem LH and RH fairings however the LH is back ordered and the RH is discontinued so I am back to square one. I am looking at getting a set of Sharkskinz but I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to make the headlight work or to intergrate one into the upper. I have seen some pics of projectors install on the sharkskinz but dont really know how they are mounted. Anyone got any good pics or suggestions. Also anyone know of other headlight from other models that would work. And I heard that using the stock headlight in the sharkskinz was at a different angle can anyone shed some light on this!

Re: Fairing and Headlight questions

What's wrong with with yours ?

Can't you fix it ?

Comment

I would think the street upper sharkskinz would match just fine. I know my sharkskinz street upper on my S fits just fine. I don't know what you mean by "I heard that using the stock headlight in the sharkskinz was at a different angle" because the fairings don't have anything to do with headlight angle, at least when using the stock headlight.
      01 TL1000S Mods: Always adding more. I'm tired of trying to keep this up to date

Comment

What mean by angle is the way the fairing is molded versus the stock headlight angle. I had heard that when you cut out the headlight hole that the fairing and headlight don't really match up.

Comment

Originally posted by swiper tsi View Post
          Ok well I was going to fork out the money for brand new oem LH and RH fairings however the LH is back ordered and the RH is discontinued so I am back to square one. I am looking at getting a set of Sharkskinz but I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to make the headlight work or to intergrate one into the upper. I have seen some pics of projectors install on the sharkskinz but dont really know how they are mounted. Anyone got any good pics or suggestions. Also anyone know of other headlight from other models that would work. And I heard that using the stock headlight in the sharkskinz was at a different angle can anyone shed some light on this!
          Sharkskinz doesn't make a street upper for the tlr. and there race upper has a different sweep then the stock upper the stock headlight won't fit. Me and Racrboy checked this when we installed my sharkskinz. pm thump thump about the projector mounting.
          Mike Rock
          NESBA #506 '98 TLR
          American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by TLSMan View Post
            I would think the street upper sharkskinz would match just fine. I know my sharkskinz street upper on my S fits just fine. I don't know what you mean by "I heard that using the stock headlight in the sharkskinz was at a different angle" because the fairings don't have anything to do with headlight angle, at least when using the stock headlight.
            Wrong, the sharkskinz have a different sweep all together. It comes back at to radical of an angle for the stock headlight to fit. I even had to modify my stock headlight bracket to accept the sharkskinz.
            Mike Rock
            NESBA #506 '98 TLR
            American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

Okay well that make sense since it's a race fairing and not really designed to work with the stock headlight. I just assumed they made a street fairing for the R since they make one for the S.

I'll shut up now
              01 TL1000S Mods: Always adding more. I'm tired of trying to keep this up to date

Comment

Working...
              X