03 tiller - what to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 tiller - what to look for?

hey guys, longtime lurker...i currently have a 98 tiller that appears to be caput

well, i have located what appears to be a nice deal on an 03 tiller (i won't say where because you guys may beat me to the punch)

is there anything in particular that i need to be looking for? i'm not very saavy mechanically, but i have a mechanic that will probably go with me to check out the bike.

any help is appreciated...thanks!

Re: 03 tiller - what to look for?

This is all you need to know! haha

http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81376

Comment

jesus man, that's nice! i talked my wife into a $4,000 budget. how flexible are you?

Comment

Sorry, pretty firm. I really don't need to/want to sell! It really is awesome!

Comment

i'm sure it's worth every penny. i'm trying not to get impatient. i know if i want until tax time next year, i can get so much more bike (something like yours!)

do me a solid, and hang onto it until february 2011

LOL

Comment

You never know.

Comment

Originally posted by yellof4 View Post
              Sorry, pretty firm. I really don't need to/want to sell! It really is awesome!
              So why sell?

Comment

Haha. Its complicated. But basically I am getting another bike and can't justify keeping both due to the time I get to ride. So, I feel I should sell it but I don't want to!!!

Comment

Werent you giving me some sh*t when I was going to part mine Whats the new ride? Hopefully another twin?

Comment

Originally posted by 6r_tlr View Post
                    Werent you giving me some sh*t when I was going to part mine Whats the new ride? Hopefully another twin?
                    Actually haven't made my offical decistion. I am all over the place!

Comment

Make sure it is the faster yellow one, not the slow blue one...

Comment

Originally posted by yellow00tlr View Post
                        Make sure it is the faster yellow one, not the slow blue one...
                        ha haa, that's funny! my cousin says the same thing about his "bumble bee" TLR!

the bike i was considering actually has a custom paint job...pretty basic black with a little orange (i'm not a big fan of orange though)

Comment

Originally posted by INDY_TLR View Post
                          hey guys, longtime lurker...i currently have a 98 tiller that appears to be caput

well, i have located what appears to be a nice deal on an 03 tiller (i won't say where because you guys may beat me to the punch)

is there anything in particular that i need to be looking for? i'm not very saavy mechanically, but i have a mechanic that will probably go with me to check out the bike.

any help is appreciated...thanks!
                          I learned that engine stuff is the worst to fix, particularly on a bike where parts are becoming obsolete.

From the forums, I've deduced that 3rd gear noise, and rod bearings are the big issues. Your mech should be able to identify these. Do look for service records and receipts. Good owners will keep a paper trail of every service performed. Most Suzuki authorized service centers are a part of a database to track service history of their machines. If one is willing to be helpful, you may be able to take the VIN and assure maintenance has been performed at regular intervals.

Check the DMV, or your state's equivalent to make sure there's no lein holder. It's a pain dealing with HSBC.

Custom paint or aftermarket fairings are a good indication that it has been dropped. Check for all the fairing bolts, no bolt heads are siliconed on to hide broken tabs, brackets are not bent, frame welds look good...

Warm it up, ride it, row through the gears listen to it when you get back.

Pity you can't get yellof4's. That thing is gorgeous.
                          Last edited by Suprachrgd82; 08-26-2010, 10:50 AM.
                          You do not talk about Fight Club....

Comment

Get The New Rc-8 !
                            What is best in life ? Crush your enemy, see them driven before you & too hear the lamentation of their women.

Comment

Working...
                            X