Frame Plugs opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Plugs opinion

Looking at ordering frame plugs that say TL on them from JDA Customs which are pretty good as I have ordered and put on my heel plates (I powder coated them white)

JDA frame plugs
    http://www.jdacustom.com/store/produ...cat=287&page=2

The issue I have is that the frame plug would say TL and also the heel guards would say TL which may be too much, what do you all think

I would prob go with having the plugs powder coated black with white TL or white with black TL letters
    FYI I am in the middle of powder coating the sub frame black and in time the frame will also be black
    Yes get the plugs and powdercoat them white with black TL
    25.00%
    Yes but powder coat them black with white TL
    25.00%
    no they just don't look right
    50.00%
    second thought how about black with red TL filled in. (vice versa also debatable)
    0.00%
    Last edited by jmanor; 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM. Reason: added poll

Re: Frame Plugs opinion

I like them... I voted black with white TL, but that's just my $0.02.

I'd like some blue ones!

But I'm broke!
    sigpic

Comment

Am I correct in understanding that this thing is essentially a dress up piece? If that's right then do what matches the bike. Or you could just leave it be I think metal on it's own can look really cool.

Comment

Wait,do I have something that Ghost does not?
        I say get em bro!

I got mine from JDA Customs also. They did a great job, and was a pretty quick turnaround.

Comment

Yeah but I am sure Ghost as soon as he catches up on paying for all those nice parts will get them. I got the heel plates from JDA and love them. Can you post up a full bike pic with the plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by jmanor View Post
            Yeah but I am sure Ghost as soon as he catches up on paying for all those nice parts will get them. I got the heel plates from JDA and love them. Can you post up a full bike pic with the plugs.
            How long did it take jda to get your order done? The quality of their products is outstanding, but they took forever and a day to get my mirror blockoffs done and to me.
            Mike Rock
            NESBA #506 '98 TLR
            American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

I didn't get the custom work. They had TL heel plates in stock maybe took about 2 weeks or so. I think custom is like 4 business weeks.

Comment

I didn't get the custom work. They had TL heel plates in stock maybe took about 2 weeks or so. I think custom is like 4 business weeks.
                Damn, 2 weeks for something that was already made? I would have been happy if it was only 4 weeks. It took something like 3 months to get the block offs. They already had them made, all they had to do was anodized them black, and engrave the TL logo in them.
                Mike Rock
                NESBA #506 '98 TLR

Comment

Holy crap, it said 4 business weeks for custom but that long is just ridiculous. I would def recommend JDA but would not want to wait that long for it. I was going to put widow maker on the heel plates but didn't want to wait forever but I do like the TL plates (if you can notice them in the pics). I think I may end up ordering the plugs but not sure what color yet.

Comment

Holy crap, it said 4 business weeks for custom but that long is just ridiculous. I would def recommend JDA but would not want to wait that long for it. I was going to put widow maker on the heel plates but didn't want to wait forever but I do like the TL plates (if you can notice them in the pics). I think I may end up ordering the plugs but not sure what color yet.
                    Yeah, it took a while. And it wasn't a custom color or job, it was all done with options from thier web site. It took so long that on the last day I could I put in a dispute with Paypal, then it took them like 2 weeks to get them in the mail. And its not like they forgot, as i called and talked to them atleast 4 times before the Paypal dispute.
                    Mike Rock
                    NESBA #506 '98 TLR

Comment

Wow a little worried now if I order stuff...

Comment

Looking at the JDA site it doesn't say which one in the application drop down is for the TLS - anyone know what is the correct code to order for the S?

Comment

I will give them a call on Monday and try to get the application number.

Comment

I will give them a call on Monday and try to get the application number.
                            Thankyou

Comment

Working...
                            X