fuel pump 'bag filter' sucked in rvt... bike down 1 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump 'bag filter' sucked in rvt... bike down 1 cylinder

So, I installed a new tank with fuel pump already attached on my TLS... ran fan forawhile, then it started surging and cut out 1 cylinder.... I thought it was bad gas from the gas can, so i took the tank off and drained it... still not running good... I take the fuel pump out, and the bag filter has been contaminated by the rvt used on the fuel pump gasket...

can I replace this bag filter?... local dealership cant find the part

What else will I have to check? Did it clog the fuel injector? how can I fix this? foul the plug possibly?

please help me out, i just moved form Mi down to south florida and I want to do some riding!

~Zach
    Zach

seriously though, chicks love twins and singles...if you dont agree, look down, I guess triumphs luck out by addition....

Re: fuel pump 'bag filter' sucked in rvt... bike down 1 cylinder

do I have to worry about the integrity of the fuel pump? it appears to only sucked in a small amount (the rvt stain is like a third of a penny in size.)
    Zach

seriously though, chicks love twins and singles...if you dont agree, look down, I guess triumphs luck out by addition....

Comment

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...roup/FUEL_PUMP

Item #10 I think. Someone else can confirm.....

And possibly yes to all the above.
      You will also want to replace the regular filter, and gasket. This time, skip the RTV......
      Mike Rock
      NESBA #506 '98 TLR
      American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

Or keep it simple and blow compressed air through the screen filter as recommended in the shop manual. Sounds like you have a clogged injector to boot.

Comment

The fuel filter should have stopped anything getting as far as the injectors. Change the filter, don't use silastic when reassembling it and use a new gasket.

Follow the torque value and sequence in the manual.
          "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Working...
          X