what helmets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what helmets?

What helmets are you all waring? What is the best? Shoei, arai , scorpion exo700? What fits the best? I just bought a exo 700 crack head. I got a deal on it. Now I have the opportunity to get a smoken deal on a shoei x11. What do you all prefer? If I get the shoei would anyone be interested in the scorpion or the x11 wife will have a cow if she finds out I bought another helmet. Thanks

Re: what helmets?

I know I have to donate to sell on hear. I'm not trying to sell anything but I'd I get the other one must go. So if I decide to get it ill donate/pay and offer one to everyone on hear. Thanks

Comment

Arai !!!!!

Comment

Shoei and Lazer
        http://www.zero-limits.co.uk

Comment

I wear Either an Icon or a Scorpion but I prefer the scorpion over the Icon. If I had the money I would be wearing a Shoei hands down...X11's are badass..
          Originally posted by evl tvn
          I'm on top of Pete, no worries
          ^^^

Comment

what a vague question that has been asked gazillion times. More so today with the proliferation of sub $200 helmets (Even Modulars). Anything in the sub $200 range WILL need replacement within 365 days due to the cheap materials and the low standards of industrial engineering.
            .sigpic
            "Use the present, create the future" -Pablo.

Comment

if you don't take care of it, that's true. They have some plastic parts on them that can break of you aren't careful.

If you do take care of it, it will last as long as you'd want to own any helmet before needing/wanting to replace it. I buy those $150-$220 helmets, and replace them about every 3 years or so. Usually its an HJC or an Icon. I prefer the Icon as they seem more comfy to me.
              TL1000R: For those who like to drive high speed tanks

Comment

Gmax GM68s. I love this helmet!
                http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...et/gmax/gm68s/
                My next one will be an Akuma
                http://www.akumahelmets.com/home.php
                http://tl1000rmods.blogspot.com/

Comment

I used to be an hjc guy till I wore an Arai. I have also seen how well they protect. I have been told by people that have crashed both, that shoei is comparable.
                  Mike Rock
                  NESBA #506 '98 TLR
                  American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

I always wanted a arai till a riding bud bought one, and keeps braking the side covers that hold the shield on. That is his only prob but they are like 20. I think that shoei or arai are the best made. Its hard for some of us to be able to buy a 5to800 helmet.

Comment

Arai RX7 GP. They are so expensive but it feels like you have a pillow wrapped around your head. You can really feel the vents working
                      Full Carbon Fibre (everything!), GSXR K1 Forks, SP1 4 pot Nissins - EBC Pads, Renthal Soft Grips, Vans Top Triple/Tail Risers/Return Spring and Seat, Symtec TRE, Larger Airbox, Ducati 999 Air Filters, DB Screen, Goodridge F&R, Fork Sliders, Race Rearsets, Projector Headlight, LED indicators and Rear Light, HRC Rear Reservoir, Dark Chrome Tank, PCIII, Ghosts Dealer Mode Switch, Full M4, GSXR600 Nissin Rear Caliper, Lightened and repositioned Exhaust Hangers, Lightened Rear Caliper Carrier

Comment

Really liked the look of that Arai with a hint of Simpson front.. wouldn't fit my head. Then tried something like another 15 helmets. Ended up with a X-lite because it just fitted right.

Washable inside, descent anti-fog thingy, double D strap.. haven't had a lot of helmets but I like it and still does the job after a few years

Comment

my pumpkin head fits 2xl only. only a joe rocket fit me. I gave up on all the expensive ones because they all required me to shave a 1/4 inch off my square German head. I had a HJC14 that lasted me 8, count'em, 8 years
                          Run over on: '98 TL1000S
                          Riding: '98 TL1000R fighter
                          Drooling over: '02 TL1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mudduck9 View Post
                            I always wanted a arai till a riding bud bought one, and keeps braking the side covers that hold the shield on. That is his only prob but they are like 20. I think that shoei or arai are the best made. Its hard for some of us to be able to buy a 5to800 helmet.
                            why was he breaking the side covers? I have had my Arai for almost 2years now, and I change shields quite often.... I haven't even had to take the covers off.
                            Mike Rock
                            NESBA #506 '98 TLR
                            American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by drH View Post
                              my pumpkin head fits 2xl only. only a joe rocket fit me.
                              arai and shoei both make a 3xl. thats what i wear.

x11 is probably one of the best out there now. breathes/vents better than the new x12 and is quieter as well. there is no comparison between shoei and scorpion quality wise. it would come down to how well it fit your head.

Comment

Working...
                              X