Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hugger

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hugger

    i have just bought a pyramid carbon fibre hugger for my 1999 tls of ebay why wont it fit my bike it just wont line up to where the chain gaurd was.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: hugger

    How many mounting lugs do you have on your swingarm?

    If you have 4 (two on each side) then the left hand side ones are in a different position. The swingarms with 4 lugs are for the markets that had to have the hoe fitted to the back of the bike.

    A GCC hugger from Australia will work on the 4 lug swingarms as we had the hoe's out here.





    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: hugger

      Or you bought a hugger for a TLR... they are not interchangable (without some modding)
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: hugger

        Originally posted by GhostMAFIA View Post
        Or you bought a hugger for a TLR... they are not interchangable (without some modding)
        If you want to unload the TLR hugger I got a buddy in SoCal who's lookin for one, if postage is reasonable.
        You do not talk about Fight Club....

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: hugger

          Originally posted by Suprachrgd82 View Post
          If you want to unload the TLR hugger I got a buddy in SoCal who's lookin for one, if postage is reasonable.
          i spoke to pyramid today on the phone they said send a pic of the hugger to them,10 mins later they confirmed its for a tls 1000 but they cant explain why it wont fit my bike.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: hugger

            Originally posted by tlrbob View Post
            i spoke to pyramid today on the phone they said send a pic of the hugger to them,10 mins later they confirmed its for a tls 1000 but they cant explain why it wont fit my bike.

            In what country was your bike originally sold? And, is the swingarm the original sold with the bike?

            As Steve noted above, there are variations in the mounts to meet the requirements of different countries.
            You do not talk about Fight Club....

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: hugger

              its a 1999 uk bike i have changed many things on it but the swing arm is original its got me confused,by the way it has 4 lugs on it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: hugger

                I've got a feeling my '97 has only 3 lugs............. shall have to go and look now
                People I will not deal with: tl1000swill or tlrwill or crazywheelie or whatever it decides to call himself.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: hugger

                  Originally posted by tlrbob View Post
                  its a 1999 uk bike i have changed many things on it but the swing arm is original its got me confused,by the way it has 4 lugs on it.
                  I guess you missed this then

                  Originally posted by Steve TLS View Post
                  How many mounting lugs do you have on your swingarm?

                  If you have 4 (two on each side) then the left hand side ones are in a different position. The swingarms with 4 lugs are for the markets that had to have the hoe fitted to the back of the bike.
                  Normal huggers don't fit the 4 lugged swingarms.
                  "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: hugger

                    i go to there website and only see a hugger for a DL1000 not a tl1000. strange

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X