front brake levers..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front brake levers..........

Went for ride today with a group, and a car in front slammed on brakes due to snake in rode, which made all of us brake. Well, I ended up in ditch, no problems, but when I managed to get back on road, bike stalled and lost balance, aaaaaand fell over onto right side. Scratched up fairings......and broke brake lever.

I am looking for quick and cheap replacement locally, mine had the dial knob on it, questions are...do I really need the dial?, can I get just a plain lever? I have referred to thread of interchangeables and it shows some gsx'r's will work. I do have hydro's for both clutch and brake, just in case you were wondering.

Eventually I will get a pair of nicer ones...and when that happens, again, do I need the dials on the levers? And does Vanzuki sell them, if so how much? If not, what's a good set that won't break the bank?

Thanks for the help, as always.

Re: front brake levers..........

Teh stock lever have a dial, a lot of aftermarket ones have an adjustment lever that's easier to change ith one hand while riding. I don't konw of any that don't even have the stock dial. Look fo rused ones on eBay or cheap knock-offs on eBay.
    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

I am running pazzo shorties from speedking. I love em. But for the mean time, if you have a bike breaker around you to see if they have a brake lever for a first gen busa. There is enough squids riding them that they should have one.
      Mike Rock
      NESBA #506 '98 TLR
      American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

Thanks. I have looked at aftermarkets, cheaper ones don't have dials or thumb flips, just standard plain janes for $20 +/-. For the time being, that may have to work. Have to save money now for paint work, lol. So much for those rainbow micro minnies, LOL, didn't like them anyways, even though alot of people did. Might do black with blue or red micro metal flake.....hmmmm.

Comment

You don't "need" the dial... it's just there to adjust the amount of "felt" lever travel, or amount the lever sets off the grip... kind of a comfort thing if you ask me. If you have small hands a non adjustable set of levers may give you trouble. (I know you don't have small hands, but adding that for anyone else that happens on this thread).

That being said... it's nice to have adjustment.
          sigpic

Comment

I've got some, let me check my bin-o-bits and I might be able to get you something that will work for a song.

Save your broken one, they can frequently be resurected or "shortied"

How do I install my 1/5th throttle insert? Just click me for the install thread... Or click here for the .pdf updated version.

Silver metalic flake Clear Clutch cover has been sold See what was available here. (8/12/09)

Comment

I have a stock one that could be yours for say....... a Beer at hOOters -

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman View Post
                I've got some, let me check my bin-o-bits and I might be able to get you something that will work for a song.

Save your broken one, they can frequently be resurected or "shortied"

I believe it's covered. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Designflaw View Post
                  I have a stock one that could be yours for say....... a Beer at hOOters -

Awesome! Works for me!

Comment

rgr that. save your broken one if it still works (ball is just broken off) it will save you in a pinch.

How do I install my 1/5th throttle insert? Just click me for the install thread... Or click here for the .pdf updated version.

Silver metalic flake Clear Clutch cover has been sold See what was available here. (8/12/09)

Comment

There isn't any saving for my old one. Broke right at the adjuster. The ball on my clutch handle is gone, however (I didn't do that, tho). But, I will be getting one of each to carry with me pretty soon.

Comment

Slammed on their brakes for a snake? Are you talking about a snake (S Curve) or a Snake?
                        Last edited by Badrhino; 09-30-2010, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I have an OEM cable clutch lever in excellent condition... but you still have the hydro clutch I assume.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Badrhino View Post
                            Slammed on their brakes for a snake? Are you talking about a snake (S Curve) or a Snake?
                            Actual snake, and this person was in a CAR!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostMAFIA View Post
                              I have an OEM cable clutch lever in excellent condition... but you still have the hydro clutch I assume.
                              All mine are hydro. Bought a $20 one at LexMotoSports . Love it! Even has dial.

On another note, met Design and his Wife tonight, cool people!

Comment

Working...
                              X