can a mph speedo be changed to a km/ph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a mph speedo be changed to a km/ph

whats involved, can the reading be changed electonically and i guess the faceplate needs changing, can that be done

thanks

Re: can a mph speedo be changed to a km/ph

no...

the faceplate is simple but the odometer is not
    www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
    But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

Some of the speedo recalibrators will do the conversion that do the odo and speedo without changing the face plate.

But that way affects the indicated top speed. 300mph on metric dials and 185km/h on imperial speeds

I'm pretty sure the recalibrator sticka is using does conversion both ways. Not 100% sure though.

Like Stu said, changing the face plate does the speedo but not the odo, and the temperature would be the opposite too. (Fahrenheit vs. Celsius )
      "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

i forgot about the temp grrrrrrrr, i was hoping the speedo had capabilaties of switching between miles and kays like the modern gixxers.
        oh well
        does anyone have a tlr speedo showing around 18-20,000 kays?

Comment

There is an american mob that re-sets odometers

try google.
          www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
          But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

Bluegauges I think the mob is.
            "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

http://www.bluegauges.com/

Comment

It's been a while since I sold my bike but I do believe the SpeedoHealer I had on it offered the ability to switch between mph and kph without the need to change the speedo faceplate. You can also use it to correct the speedometer's calibration which is off right from the factory.
                "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve TLS View Post
                  i have just emailed these guys, thanks for the link

Comment

Working...
                  X