TLS Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLS Parts

Hey guys, as I have said before I am new to the TL world. This bike that I just got is set up for the track and it has a kit installed to flop the gears backwards for racing so all the way up is first so you just go down to bang threw the gears.. Does anyone know of where to find or have a stock setup lying around?

I also am looking for

2.Lower fearing
    3.Exhaust hanger/footpeg mount for the right side of the bike..
    4 Right dash panel

The bike came with a power commander installed that I do not think i am going to keep installed. So maybe that could sweeten the deal if someone has any of there things..

Anyone have any ideas?

Please move my post if I have put it in the wrong area..

Thanks a bunch,
    OregonTL

Re: TLS Parts

You can just move the shift lever from low to high (or the other way around) to switch it from "track" gearing. There is no "kit" to do this... that I know of.

Let me try to take a picture and I'll show you what I mean...

Did you send out the M/O for the hump? I have another person interested but you had "dibs".
    sigpic

Comment

OK... here is the explanation. You don't need a "kit" to do this.

In the first photo below, I show my shift linkage and arm in the "standard" or "street" shifing configuration (the OEM way). This will provide you with
      1/down & 5/up shifting.

In the second photo below, I drew red lines showing roughly the way the shift linkage arm should be mounted for "track" shifting or 1/up and 5/down shifting.

You will just need to take off your shift linkage arm and rotate it to the new position. You will possibly need to make adjustments to the linkage as well (easily done with the nuts on the rod that are provided for that).

Test it out going into and out of neutral in your garage to see if the linkage arm is where you want it, then take a slow test ride with it all tightened up.

That's it, back to "street" shifting... no kit needed:

I've never used "track" shifting, so it may not need to be directly vertical... but I'll bet if you look at your linkage it's "up" compared to how mine is "down" on the shaft.
      sigpic

Comment

DO NOT dump the power commander!
        www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
        But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

MY BIKE: 1998 TLS 107.52 Hp 71 lb-ft.
          MODS: Yoshi rs3, K&N, PC 2, custom sprocket cover,
          custom top triple clamp, shorty levers, clear taillight, undertray, brake lines, "fabbri" windscreen, 17/40 sprockets, fan switch mod, TRE, Ohlins rear, gsxr750 k5 forks, r1 calipers, custom clutch actuator cap, custom frame sliders, steering damper, PVM.
          sigpic
          My picture thread: http://www.tlzone.net/forums/bike-pi...idouts-10.html
          http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92328

Comment

You cant do the race shift mod on a stock shape sprocket cover due to its shape interfering with the linkage. I tried as i run all my bikes on race shift. If you want to swop Oregon you can have my standard set up as a swap for you reace set up. Just PM if your interested.
            http://www.zero-limits.co.uk

Comment

This is what I was talking about.. The guy just took the linkage out as to be able to slam down threw the gears.. If anyone has a linkage set they would sell me, please let me know..

[IMG][/IMG]

The jackass also cut the mount from the exhaust bracket/rear foot peg..
              [IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]
              if someone has one of these I will totally buy it from you! Whoever owned this before me was a hack artist!!

-Oregon

Comment

So tell me, how do you get the IDs to be able to bid at wholesale auction on bikes from insurance companies? What kind of title did you get?
                It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

I don't buy from insurance companies.. I buy from banks. clean title.

Comment

i should have a rearfoot peg bracket in the my garage you can hae if you pay the postage from the uk
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OregonTL View Post
                      I don't buy from insurance companies.. I buy from banks. clean title.
                      Cool. So how do you find them?
                      It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

When vehicles are brought in for repo we have the option to buy certain vehicles from the bank. when vehicles are brought in on a police hold and the owner doesn't retrieve their vehicles within a 30 day period. we become owners of the discarded vehicles.

Comment

Brought in to where? Are you a towing company yard or something?

Comment

Working...
                          X