New TL Owner! Baltimore, MD US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TL Owner! Baltimore, MD US

Hello everyone! I've been an member here for a couple of months since I purchased my 1998 TL1000R. Its the yellow and black scheme. Since purchasing, I've had a number of issues which in turn caused me to only have like 5 real rides since august. I guess it does not help much me having a new born 5 days after buying. First issue, came up upon driving back up to PA to pick up bike from my moms house. Seems when the P.O. installed these swanky flush rear turn signals, he forgot to put any insulation on them WTF!, so I"m wondering why every time I used the right signal the dash goes out? I fix that, but from testing with the bike on, the batt dies. Hmm, after wasting a bunch of time trying to figure it out, charging the batt with an external charger, only to have it die after hitting a bump or stopping at a light, I have ravaged the forums here an on TLZone for help. I removed the sidestand switch from the loop and no more dying on bumpy roads. I then installed a pcIII usb with the micron bolt on cans map, ran great, sounded alot better after replacing the exhaust gasket (Thanks Guys) . however still dies at a stop light (that malfunctioned and would not turn green)(after a 20 mile + ride, then crazy gauges like 2 miles from home). After a tow home, I charged the battery and gave it a spin around the block, no problems. I then installed an fh010 r/r, ran some new 12 gauge copper wire, also installing Zippy's charging mod at the same time. Found headlight wire in loom near clutch lever was corroded and burned, I ran a separate wire to bypass by soldering. Also instead of soldering the starter solenoid, I just put a new one on, and put some dielectric grease on all the bikes connectors I could find. Wow, brighter lights, battery charging from the bike, and no more sudden death. On the next couple of small rides. f/f to the next week (yesterday) took the bike to the gas station, 1 mile from home as she was near empty, filled her up (I did top it off, hope that did not cause the next problem.) on the way home, about .1 mile from the gas station, bike did a herky jerky on me while turning. FI light, flashed, but she kept on riding. less than .1 miles later she died, gauges lights all on, however could not get the code as I only have one key. I restart her, no fi light, rode her the next few blocks home. Later I rider around the block, to my makeshift workstation in the back yard. She does one more violent jerk, but engine continued to run. Well I checked the TPS, seems perfect, idles near perfect, so I pull the PCIII off, and she runs absolutely perfect. So perfect in fact that I gave her a WOT test til redline, almost sharted... These bikes are brutal, wonder if the PCIII if def, or bad install. Also waiting for a new batt, I opted to try the motobatt, I know its no yuasa, but my pockets are kinda tight right now, I'll let yall know how it works out. I admit, some of the issues were very frustrating , however I am convinced, once everything is perfect, I will be very happy. Is the PCIII really worth it? Only real mod is the D&D bolt-ons (which I repacked) and a smart TRE. I know this was a monster of an introduction, but thanks for all the info, I noticed its best to give the most detailed description possible.
    Attached Files

Re: New TL Owner! Baltimore, MD US

well from what i have run across the maps you can download are just to get by till you get it to a dyno and get it tuned to your bike then you will have a raped ape between your legs
    2003 TL1000R Yellow/Black
    Full Carbon M4 Exhaust, Marchesini's 5 Spoke Magnesiums, SuperSprox 17-41 , LE Penske Rear, Scotts Steering Damper, .90kg Fork Springs, Race Tech Gold Valves, Fp Folding Tactical Levers , D3 Clip ons & Grips, Pc 3 Dynojet , Galfer SS Brake & Clutch Lines, K&N Filter, Joe V Mod, Pair Valve Mod, Fender Eliminator, Speedohealer, GI Pro Atre , Zero Gravity Dubble Bubble, Corbin Seat,(Vans CCC,Plate,Triple,Rear Brake Reservoirs,1mm Swingarm)

Comment

welcome JB....and not sure if you know it or not but round here...the proper welcome is.........wait for it.......wait for it.................there now that that is out of the way......I as well as others round here may be a lil bias but you are right you will love....not like....but love the tiller.....she is just like a women ain't she....curvy with a fat ass on her but sexy and sassy at the same time? Just when you think you have her figured out she will put you in your place and leave you all f*cked up? Nice big set of cans and again that fat ass on her......mmmmmmm gets my rpm's up everytime ....but anway welcome to the jungle and hide your wallet from Van, Speedking, Rifleman, and now IP Paul....they will tempt you with products that will leave you and cause your wife to challenge where all the money went in your savings account....trust us we all know LOL....enjoy the tiller and I live in MD as well....in Cecil-tucky County......there are a couple of us round these parts...so again welcome!

Comment

You are right, she has all the right curves in all the right places. But a big head, and she sounds like a pregnant lioness, so no sex without gear.

Comment

welcome

Comment

If you decide to get that thing tuned, take it to WWW.americancycleperformance.net. Gil is awesome, from him Mike Rock sent ya. He got my bike running so much better with the dyno tune. Now I need to get it back there to have it remapped......
            Mike Rock
            NESBA #506 '98 TLR
            American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

Working...
            X