New Fairings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fairings?

So i am looking to get new plastics, from what i can tell it is a complete kit. Now i am wondering what all i will still have to get painted? Is it just the tank or are there other things that i missed?

Thanks

Here are the fairings i am looking at. Will these be ok or should i look for a different company or manufacturer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...ht_7562wt_1076
    Last edited by Nitro; 10-20-2010, 12:45 AM.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll Die Tomorrow"
    "If you're not busy being born, then you are busy dying"
    "I have Become Death, Destroyer of World's"

Re: New Fairings?

I have herd all kinds of bad things about hk plastic. It and shipping to me almost 500. But I think its complete.

Comment

Unless you cut it back, or give it more shielding than it comes with, you WILL melt your bellypan. Trust me.

Comment

O and dam once again. But I like the other avatar better. But dam

Comment

Ya i uploaded the new one and it deleted my old one. I have to find it again.

Comment

before someone says that this topic has been covered. id like to see a sticky or something that shows who is a good aftermarket company to go with regarding ebay plastics. maybe make a poll or something. if hk is bad -1 for hk then and so on.

Comment

I went out on a limb and recently purchased a set from hong kong via ebay (fingers crossed). When I receive the fairings, expect an in-depth seller and product review! Wish me luck...
              "Don't find out the hard way..."

Comment

Originally posted by rons2020 View Post
                I went out on a limb and recently purchased a set from hong kong via ebay (fingers crossed). When I receive the fairings, expect an in-depth seller and product review! Wish me luck...
                As many have mentioned before........ please be sure to add extra heat shield to the bottom peice of the new plastics. Seems everybody that gets plastics from over seas via ebay has the same problem. One of my buddies went through this as well. The plastics look great, but his warped from the heat as well. Just that bottom peice though. Good luck!

Comment

LoveMYTLR, thanks for the heads up! Did your buddy's fairings come with heatshield from the factory? did he have aftermarket full exhaust? maybe i could just use an oem belly pan.... (the suspense is killing me)

Comment

Only decent stuff is oem, sharkskinz, sebimoto and probably ip Pauls...... best bet would be get a nice full carbon set from Paul. Don't think it is god aweful more then the hk crap.
                    Mike Rock
                    NESBA #506 '98 TLR
                    American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

Choices are running slim these days.... New OEM is almost non-existing and ridiculously expensive. Pristine used plastics are just as rare. Sharkskinz are awesome, but break the bank without any paint on them... IP Paul? are those available yet?

so whats a guy to do?

Everytime I hear about these ebay fairings, its always he said, she said, my buddy said.... Does anybody on this forum actually have a set on their TL?

Comment

The other thing about sharkskinz is that you have to use the graves fairing stay, and run a projector setup like thumpthump. The fairings from ip Paul should be ready in a few weeks if i read the thread right. There are plenty of new oem fairings and the price is normal. I did a new upper, both sides, battery door and hump for like $1800. That's about normal. Ron ayers is probably the cheapest place to buy them from here in the states.
                        Mike Rock
                        NESBA #506 '98 TLR

Comment

I have looked on the Ron ayers site and i am unable to find plastics or anything for a TLR. ?

Comment

Here is a parts fiche for a 99 tlr. I don't see what year you have so I just clicked one.
                            Mike Rock
                            NESBA #506 '98 TLR

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey75702 View Post
                              Here is a parts fiche for a 99 tlr. I don't see what year you have so I just clicked one.
                              Where?

LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X