Thinking of a new bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of a new bike

So with tax time coming near lol..I have been unfaitful to my TL, I have looked at other bikes..

I know tax time is still a few months away but its never too early to look at new bikes. So I love my TL and to me its a dream bike in that every one has a 'Busa or a GSXR and I always wanted something different and the TL is def different. I have been working on it when I get a chance which isnt much seeing as I have been busy with college. I went to a community college when I was 18 fresh out of high school in the military and just went because everyone else was going. I flunked out my 2nd semster and left with a 1.8 GPA I returned to the same college 10 years later graduated with my Associates Degree in Political Science with a 3.7 GPA. Now I am working on my Bac Degree with a 3.1 GPA and graduate next semester so the TL has kind been on the back burner since I started school. I did however manage to do some things like powder coat the sub frame , swing arm etc.. black and picked up some of van's great parts .

Anyways I am not goign to give up my TL just add another addition to the v twin family and have been in love with a Yamaha V Star 100 Custom of course pearl white with black frame and with a pass seat (no sissy bars etc..) What do you guys think? here is what one looks like:
    http://www.vstar1100.com/gallery/jackson2.jpg

They go for about 3500 used around here and about 6 grand from dealership used of course.

Re: Thinking of a new bike

Sorry man but those pigs are ugly. How about a white 848 to go with the TLS?

Originally posted by jmanor View Post
    So with tax time coming near lol..I have been unfaitful to my TL, I have looked at other bikes..

I know tax time is still a few months away but its never too early to look at new bikes. So I love my TL and to me its a dream bike in that every one has a 'Busa or a GSXR and I always wanted something different and the TL is def different. I have been working on it when I get a chance which isnt much seeing as I have been busy with college. I went to a community college when I was 18 fresh out of high school in the military and just went because everyone else was going. I flunked out my 2nd semster and left with a 1.8 GPA I returned to the same college 10 years later graduated with my Associates Degree in Political Science with a 3.7 GPA. Now I am working on my Bac Degree with a 3.1 GPA and graduate next semester so the TL has kind been on the back burner since I started school. I did however manage to do some things like powder coat the sub frame , swing arm etc.. black and picked up some of van's great parts .

Anyways I am not goign to give up my TL just add another addition to the v twin family and have been in love with a Yamaha V Star 100 Custom of course pearl white with black frame and with a pass seat (no sissy bars etc..) What do you guys think? here is what one looks like:
    http://www.vstar1100.com/gallery/jackson2.jpg

They go for about 3500 used around here and about 6 grand from dealership used of course.

Comment

Originally posted by 6r_tlr View Post
      Sorry man but those pigs are ugly. How about a white 848 to go with the TLS?
      The new ducatis are amazing.
      Mike Rock
      NESBA #506 '98 TLR
      American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

Meant a Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom.. not a 100 lol.. Yeah can't really afford a Ducati but they sure are nice...

Comment

Rynos RC would be much nicer tucked in next to the TLS IMO

Comment

A co-worker of mine has that exact V-Star in white in like new condition he wants to part with for $3k. I have been thinking bout it...
            sigpic

Comment

faaaaaarrrrrrkkk oooooooffffff

Why you want another dust collector for GM Go ride your green machine in the rain, that'll give you something to do for the next month

Comment

Something more comfortable for 2 up riding with the wife...

It was pouring rain all day here (and we had a few tornados)... I should have ridden in THAT!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GhostMAFIA View Post
                  Something more comfortable for 2 up riding with the wife...

It was pouring rain all day here (and we had a few tornados)... I should have ridden in THAT!
                  Atleast that would have given you a reason to clean that thing like you do.
                  Mike Rock
                  NESBA #506 '98 TLR

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey75702 View Post
                    The new ducatis are amazing.

If I only knew then what I know now...I would have owned one a long time ago.

Comment

I tell you what....Jmanor....first you should be ashamed of yourself and should be minding your "Mannors" and not put the TL on the back burner.....pity pity pity....now I tell you what since you haven't been very nice to the ole girl.....give the bike to me for dirt cheap.....in about 3-4 months you will be in all out withdraws and I will agree to sell it back to you for let's say Ahhhhhh 30% more then what you sold it to me for.....cause you will be desperate and NEEEEED it back.....trust me it will work LOL....not that you deserve it back after treating her so badly! Now that you have some sense smacked into yourself....stand up straight.....adjust your clothes.....brush yourself off....and act right! Don't let it happen again either....or next time we won't be so nice!

Now.....go start the TL up and talk sweet to her first....then go bust that ass like she should be treated! She will love you for it and ask for more......unlike that pewick Yammy lol!

Comment

Originally posted by 6r_tlr View Post

If I only knew then what I know now...I would have owned one a long time ago.
                        I almost bought a 1098 before i got the deal I did on the TL. I have ridden the 1198, the 1198s, and the hypermotard 1100 since and have had to talk myself out of it each time. But I really want one of those new 848 evos. They are sexy, light, agile, and powerful.
                        Mike Rock
                        NESBA #506 '98 TLR

Comment

They are ridiculously fun to ride....Torque monster like the Tiller but deceptively fast to boot. And get this...my insurance went down from the Tiller Mikey...if you get a chance own one....you wont regret it. Just look at those lines And jmanor...sorry about the hijack

Comment

Next year for me it's either a Hayabusa or a Buell 1125R. I'll probably keep the TLR just because I love it amd nobody else has one. I'm ready for something else too.
                            I'd rather be playing baseball.

Comment

Don't worry guys the TL will get some love tommorrow putting the powder coated sub frame (black) back on with red anodized foot pegs.. Also going to put the rider pegs on (red anosized) both sets are from Emgo. And if I feel up to it re-pack the Yoshi R 3 with carbon sleeves..

Comment

Working...
                              X