Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear Stand

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rear Stand

    Sorry for all the questions! Somehow I come up with a new one every day. Seeing as this is my first bike I've never had the thought to lift one off the ground. Well I decided to dive in and take a look at the front sprocket. While looking around I thought about lifting the rear. What's the best way (To include price) to do so? I saw a set of stands on ebay ..

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...ht_3779wt_1163

    I don't know what I'll need a front stand for in the near future, nothing needs to be replaced (decent tire and brakes). But a rear stand if definitely needed. Unless there's a trick I don't know of for lifting it safely without a rear stand, what's out there that'll work? Would you trust that $50 set of stands? Thanks. (I can buy something good later, but for now I want the money for the toys.)

  • #2
    Re: Rear Stand

    had a fellow rider use those and the bike went down on the side when the tubes folded . pitbull stands are a little more but its worth every penny http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ear-Stand.aspx sells them with free shipping
    2003 TL1000R Yellow/Black
    Full Carbon M4 Exhaust, Marchesini's 5 Spoke Magnesiums, SuperSprox 17-41 , LE Penske Rear, Scotts Steering Damper, .90kg Fork Springs, Race Tech Gold Valves, Fp Folding Tactical Levers , D3 Clip ons & Grips, Pc 3 Dynojet , Galfer SS Brake & Clutch Lines, K&N Filter, Joe V Mod, Pair Valve Mod, Fender Eliminator, Speedohealer, GI Pro Atre , Zero Gravity Dubble Bubble, Corbin Seat,(Vans CCC,Plate,Triple,Rear Brake Reservoirs,1mm Swingarm)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Rear Stand

      I've read a lot about the Pit Bull stands, At that price I may as well check the local stores this weekend. Any other brands note-worthy? Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Rear Stand

        I have a Pit Bull front stand... very nice quality. I have a Trackside rear stand... simmilarly good quality. Same price.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Rear Stand

          Coming from someone who has been riding and racing for years, spend the cash on the Pit Bulls and never look back.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Rear Stand

            Pitbull, vortex, etc are all good and worth the money. That said, pitbull has the best customer service in the business.

            I have a set similar to the ones you linked, mine were $100 for the pair from eBay. If you need them in a pinch and are short on money like i was, they work. I have left my bike on them all last winter, and the last 2.5 months. I also use them at the track etc. They work, but as soon as more pressing things are taken care of I will be buying a set of pitbulls.
            Mike Rock
            NESBA #506 '98 TLR
            American cycle performance MRP motorsports

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Rear Stand

              slhawkins -

              Where you at in Cali? I have a buddy with a shop in La Habra selling the stand below for $60. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZX6R-...Q5fAccessories
              You do not talk about Fight Club....

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Rear Stand

                I'm just south of him at Camp Pendleton. Does anyone have any experience with that stand? After thinking more about how to get the rear off the ground I'm tempted to let the spools sit on a set of jack stands. If they can hold up my car..... It's tempting!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Rear Stand

                  Kinda trailer parkish, but works in a pinch if needed.

                  Mike Rock
                  NESBA #506 '98 TLR
                  American cycle performance MRP motorsports

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Rear Stand

                    Originally posted by slhawkins View Post
                    I'm just south of him at Camp Pendleton. Does anyone have any experience with that stand? After thinking more about how to get the rear off the ground I'm tempted to let the spools sit on a set of jack stands. If they can hold up my car..... It's tempting!
                    Hell, up until 2 weeks ago, I was using a tree stump and a cinderblock. Finally, after 11 years of riding and 7 bikes later, it was time to get a real stand.
                    You do not talk about Fight Club....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Rear Stand

                      ive got an adjustable one i used with my sv id sell for $65. im in costa mesa...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Rear Stand

                        Yeah... if you lasted 11 years with a tree stump and a cinder block, I think I can last 6 months I've got lots of cinder blocks laying around, I actually use them vice jack stands for my cars. Do they get in the way much? I was thinking about using them but figured jack stands would be better since they take up less space. Maybe I'll lift it up later and see how it looks. Thanks for the picture!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Rear Stand

                          Originally posted by slhawkins View Post
                          Yeah... if you lasted 11 years with a tree stump and a cinder block, I think I can last 6 months I've got lots of cinder blocks laying around, I actually use them vice jack stands for my cars. Do they get in the way much? I was thinking about using them but figured jack stands would be better since they take up less space. Maybe I'll lift it up later and see how it looks. Thanks for the picture!
                          No problem. Depending on what you are doing, if they get in the way. Just put the right side under the spool with it on the side stand, set the left side to the same height, then roll the bike to the right up on the spool, then kick the left stand under the other spool.
                          Mike Rock
                          NESBA #506 '98 TLR
                          American cycle performance MRP motorsports

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Rear Stand

                            Originally posted by Mikey75702 View Post
                            No problem. Depending on what you are doing, if they get in the way. Just put the right side under the spool with it on the side stand, set the left side to the same height, then roll the bike to the right up on the spool, then kick the left stand under the other spool.
                            That make's it quick and dirty. This whole time I was looking for my bottle jack so I could lift it via the frame (I think I saw an area for that right behind the exhaust pipes...). Doing it your way will safe holding my breath while I hope it doesn't fall off the bottle jack... Again, thanks for the help.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Rear Stand

                              No problem
                              Mike Rock
                              NESBA #506 '98 TLR
                              American cycle performance MRP motorsports

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X