My Tiller "Official Intro"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Tiller "Official Intro"

Ok so I been lurking on the forum for a month now asking questions here and there.. so far you guys been real helpful. so first off Thanks!

So I just bought my 2nd TL1000R. I love the V Twin even though all the other forums say itís a dinosaur.. I donít care! I had my first TL about 5 years ago before I got married and sold it shortly after. I had been telling the wifey that I was going to get another bike one day and I knew I wanted another Tiller! which brings me to today .. bought a 99 TL 1000R that definitely needed some love. Had it painted, Wheels painted, Removed that horrid mud flap, replaced the battery cover, new Tail hump and new seat, New tires, Fork and seals replaced, Oil Change, New NGK Plugs, Coolant flush. It came with a few mods..K&N Filter, Airbox mod, TRE, PCIII, Full Yoshi Exhaust, and the guy said it had some internal gear work done?? has a grip of miles 40K but i was blessed to get it for $1000 so Iím really not complaining. Any ways here's some pics!

Also I need a Clutch lever as the one I have is broken and will eventually start tearing up my gloves. If you have a Raw aluminum one for cheap shoot me a PM. If you have a pair of Black ones for cheap shoot me a PM. I was going to get a set off Fle-Bay but I hear they stick?

Compressed2.jpg

Compressed3.jpg

Rear Compressed.jpg

Re: My Tiller "Official Intro"

Welcome! Nice TL....like the silver!

Comment

The TL is one of the most fun streetbikes out there. The track... you have to work hard to keep pace with newer machines. So its not the best weapon out there, but if you are good, you can hold your own.
      TL1000R: For those who like to drive high speed tanks

Comment

Hello and nice bike. Puts me in mind of RoboCop, tho, lol.

Comment

Sweeeet.. you just named my bike.. RoboCop Thanks!.. now all i need is a compartment to store my fully automatic Desert Eagle!

Comment

Welcome nice almost painted mine silver. I like it. I haven't painted it yet. Still may be. Where you from?

Comment

Just transform headlight into "helmet look" and give the frame a black coating for the "belt". lol That would be interesting.....

Comment

Originally posted by mudduck9 View Post
                Welcome nice almost painted mine silver. I like it. I haven't painted it yet. Still may be. Where you from?
                Yea its a darker silver, just looks kinda light in the sun and it has a little flake in it to give it some shimmer. I'm from SA, Tx

Originally posted by RAT_on_a_TL View Post
                Just transform headlight into "helmet look" and give the frame a black coating for the "belt". lol That would be interesting.....
                That would be sweet indeed.. put some cpo stickers on the side lol.. but I really do want to black out the frame but I know its a grip of work that I'm probably not up for.

Comment

Originally posted by LiononaLeash View Post
                  The TL is one of the most fun streetbikes out there. The track... you have to work hard to keep pace with newer machines. So its not the best weapon out there, but if you are good, you can hold your own.
                  +1

Comment

Working...
                  X