Helmet Bluetooth set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Bluetooth set

Anyone using a bluetooth headset for their helmets? I known there are a couple newwer helmet's with it built-in.
    http://tl1000rmods.blogspot.com/

Re: Helmet Bluetooth set

speedking was selling units last year.

he may have some insight into what is good value and really works .
    www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
    But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

i use a Chatterbox XBi....or XBi2.....on my HJC helmet....gives bluetooth driver to pass. and the "2" gives bike to bike for up to 3 helmets or units.....this way you can put in on ANY helmet....the unit is the size of two US quarters side by side....I like this option so you are not tied to just a selection of a few helmets....you can put this on ANY helmet....now if you go this route even if you use a full face helmet it works best to buy a Chatterbox Open Face version so you can position the mic for the unit anywhere you want in any position....I have had both full face and open face version that I have used in a full face helmet....my buddy that works for Chatterbox/HJC he talked me into and advised me to go this route over a full face unit....and boy he was right....now that is all I will ever own.....here is the linky for you:

Also they have a brand new HJC/Chatterbox helmet and Bluetooth unit in one it's a XBi-2H check it out...again I personally prefer a stand alone helmet and then add a XBi unit or XBi2 for bike to bike....I connect my two Bluetooth intercom units wirelessly......battery life is about fantastic....I have used them for 10 hours straight and still had no battery issuse.....so wireless connected intercom....bluetooth to my Tom Tom 730go for navigation directions in my helmet and it streams my music too....have a 32 GB SD card in it....and bluetooth iphone....now why you say would I have the Tom Tom unit when I have a iphone bluetooth in the mix? Toche`.....I have Copilot Live for Navi on my iphone 4 and love it but really love my Tom Tom....bigger screen....and I use a Ram Mount system to mount the Tom Tom unit and any one that knows Ram Mount....knows it is safe and secure and not going anywhere......I love this set up and don't go anywhere without it.....I even use the units when I ride by myself so I can listen to some jams....music for you old folks....lol.....and can make and recieve phone calls while riding.....this has been brought up many many times....guy on here even has closed business deals like this while riding.....I haven't but I have had one way phone sex!!

Now to figure out a way for me to get my part done but the gloves keep getting in the way

Comment

This is posted just a few days ago, but I have tried several and really like the Scula/Q2 - stereo head set, blue tooth phone (people have no clue your riding,even on interstate) blue tooth GPS, wired MP3 but blue tooth interupts, bike to bike 3 way, pasanger to passenger all for around 140 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyfamily View Post
          i use a Chatterbox XBi....or XBi2.....on my HJC helmet....gives bluetooth driver to pass. and the "2" gives bike to bike for up to 3 helmets or units.....this way you can put in on ANY helmet....the unit is the size of two US quarters side by side....I like this option so you are not tied to just a selection of a few helmets....you can put this on ANY helmet....now if you go this route even if you use a full face helmet it works best to buy a Chatterbox Open Face version so you can position the mic for the unit anywhere you want in any position....I have had both full face and open face version that I have used in a full face helmet....my buddy that works for Chatterbox/HJC he talked me into and advised me to go this route over a full face unit....and boy he was right....now that is all I will ever own.....here is the linky for you:

Also they have a brand new HJC/Chatterbox helmet and Bluetooth unit in one it's a XBi-2H check it out...again I personally prefer a stand alone helmet and then add a XBi unit or XBi2 for bike to bike....I connect my two Bluetooth intercom units wirelessly......battery life is about fantastic....I have used them for 10 hours straight and still had no battery issuse.....so wireless connected intercom....bluetooth to my Tom Tom 730go for navigation directions in my helmet and it streams my music too....have a 32 GB SD card in it....and bluetooth iphone....now why you say would I have the Tom Tom unit when I have a iphone bluetooth in the mix? Toche`.....I have Copilot Live for Navi on my iphone 4 and love it but really love my Tom Tom....bigger screen....and I use a Ram Mount system to mount the Tom Tom unit and any one that knows Ram Mount....knows it is safe and secure and not going anywhere......I love this set up and don't go anywhere without it.....I even use the units when I ride by myself so I can listen to some jams....music for you old folks....lol.....and can make and recieve phone calls while riding.....this has been brought up many many times....guy on here even has closed business deals like this while riding.....I haven't but I have had one way phone sex!!

Now to figure out a way for me to get my part done but the gloves keep getting in the way

would like to see pic's of the GPS in position?
          Mod's to bike so far: Projector HID lights (blue halo's),Vandriver parts (CCC,red PP,red clutch cup,brake F&B cups, Blue top triple, Blue front sprocket cover), Aprilia Brembo Wheels,520 sprocket & chain conversion( to suite the Aprilia wheels),charging mod, headlight realy mod, bitubo rear shock, custom black with heavy blue pearl paint, fold away billet levers

Comment

Starcom1.com

Advance kits

Rider to pillion
            Rider to rider
            Phone (rider and passenger)
            Music and audio (rider and passenger)
            Sat Nav and radar.

Expandability,\
            Base unit AU$340
            49 Sunbeam S7 deluxe - 57 Triumph TR6 Trophy- 68 Husqvarna MF250 Cross-68 Husqvarna MF360 Viking-71 Norton Commando Fastback-73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado-73 Kawasaki H2A 750-73 Ducati 750 GT-74 Kawasaki H2B 750-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail -74 Norton Commando Roadster-77 Ducati 900 SD-81 Ducati 900 SD-86 Husqvarna 400 WR-98 Suzuki TL1000S-98 Suzuki TL1000S-07 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S-08 Suzuki DR780

Comment

I use the Scala Q2 - bike to bike system; good range and battery life; good quality. I've even used it for phone calls.
              Was invaluable while teaching Mrs to ride before here MSF class; and after, her confidence much greater that we could communicate while riding together.

Comment

yeah that is what I want to use it for too....teaching the Mrs to ride...she is taking MSF class in spring

Comment

I use the Scala Rider. I charged it up last fall, and used it in the spring on an 8 hr ride with no failure. Pretty impressive battery charge hold.
                  sigpic

BBOTM January 2011

Comment

Working...
                  X