Annoying yellow idiot light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying yellow idiot light

Okay,check this out. Riding yesterday,got caught in the rain(wasn't bad fortunately),and the damn fuel light came on solid,no flashing first,and has yet to shut off. WTF!!!
    Mods...Pair valve gone,air box mod,Jardine cans,Vanzuki tail risers,charge mod,headlight mod,PCIII USB w/custom maps,custom rearset relocation brackets,GSXR cluster w/JoE's module,Rifleman's 1/5 insert.

Re: Annoying yellow idiot light

Probably just need to dry out all electrical connectors and relays, at least open them up and check them.

Comment

Funny you should say that... I always reset my trip odometer when filling up so I kind of know when to expect the light (around 85-95 miles).

I got a SOLID (very low) fuel light today in the cold weather (49 degrees) on the first half of my ride when my odometer only had 44 miles on the trip.

I was confused a bit but stopped for fuel and it only took 1.5 gallons. The fuel light went off though, and it's fine now.

Not related to your problem... but thought I'd share in case the cold weather may be causing it for some crazy reason. For you, rain and wet connectors may be to blame as RAT said.
      sigpic

Comment

i have also at different times had the fuel light blink at unexpected times i also reset odo for fuel like Ghost but usually just wait for light to blink...
        age is a state of mind
        sigpic [IMG]
        ZG dble bbl, ss lines 6pots,Pazzo shorties ROCK!, Penske rear shock Lindman re-worked forks,custom (by me) dual HID Xenon Hi/Lo projectors Ultra-Violet halo's, LED sigs & plate lights, E G hugger,P M cyclone wheels, Rifleman 1/5 throttle,Van's Billet CCC, Galfer wavies, 6spring clutch Van's mod II Clutch plate, PCIII, speedo healer, and more...

Comment

i reset the trip odo each time i fill up as well and check the k's when the light starts flashing just for peice of mind
          Mod's to bike so far: Projector HID lights (blue halo's),Vandriver parts (CCC,red PP,red clutch cup,brake F&B cups, Blue top triple, Blue front sprocket cover), Aprilia Brembo Wheels,520 sprocket & chain conversion( to suite the Aprilia wheels),charging mod, headlight realy mod, bitubo rear shock, custom black with heavy blue pearl paint, fold away billet levers

Comment

Checked everything and so far the light stays on no matter what I do. Gonna have to do it by odo until I figure it out. Any ideas how far I can go on a full tank?
            Mods...Pair valve gone,air box mod,Jardine cans,Vanzuki tail risers,charge mod,headlight mod,PCIII USB w/custom maps,custom rearset relocation brackets,GSXR cluster w/JoE's module,Rifleman's 1/5 insert.

Comment

I used to rely on the little idiot light until one day it started telling me bullshit, then one day it called my bluff and never came on. Also happened to be the day, I forgot to charge my mobile phone - not a good day.

Originally posted by Reno72 View Post
              Any ideas how far I can go on a full tank?
              That all depends on how you ride, air density etc etc

"Normal" (if there is ever such a thing) I'll get around 225-260kms per tank before I have to start walking but in saying that, I have used an entire tank in less than 160kms before.

I prefer to use the old skool method of checking the level rather than rely on an idiot light to tell me - I despise walking.

Comment

I usually refuel around 100 miles, no more than 120.

Comment

Working...
                X