40k maintnance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40k maintnance?

So I picked up my bike from the shop and the mechanic tells me that i need my valves adjusted. Now I know he's not just trying to make a buck off me because he tells me that he dosent do valve adjustments on v twins and reccomends me to another place that does. My bike has 40k on it, My question is I know that I've heard a lot on he that these engines tick kinda loud but is a valve adjustment recommend? Also what other things should I do to try and get some more life out of my TL? Any help appreciated, Thanks!

Re: 40k maintnance?

Per the manual the valves are supposed to be checked everything 15k miles. I'm still new to the TLR so I don't know if that's a "just in case" thing or if after 15k miles they'll really be off enough to need adjustment. Either way, 40k is approaching the 3rd time it should be checked so it wouldn't surprise me if it needed the work done.

I just bought my bike last week, she's now in the garage half apart. I am going through the manual and checking everything it asks for with the maintenance. The manual can be found...

http://www.chucksirois.com/tl1000/

On the 20th page (Written as 2-1 in the manual) it lists what should be checked.

Comment

Yea I'm not sure what the previous owner did to the bike? I just know that it ticks kinda loud and he reced a valve adjustment.

Comment

should be CHECKED every 15,000 not that hard just a little tedious may tick louder once you've done it...worst thing is NOT Checking it...over time the valve beats it's way into the head making the clearance smaller
        age is a state of mind
        sigpic [IMG]
        ZG dble bbl, ss lines 6pots,Pazzo shorties ROCK!, Penske rear shock Lindman re-worked forks,custom (by me) dual HID Xenon Hi/Lo projectors Ultra-Violet halo's, LED sigs & plate lights, E G hugger,P M cyclone wheels, Rifleman 1/5 throttle,Van's Billet CCC, Galfer wavies, 6spring clutch Van's mod II Clutch plate, PCIII, speedo healer, and more...

Comment

Working...
        X